rebounder
Years ago

Joey Wright signs with Blaze

Looks like Joey Wright has signed with the Blaze for three years. This is what Gold Coast Bulletin journo Daniel Meers tweeted:

Joey Wright's decision to sign a new 3 year deal with the @GCBlaze is a big show of faith in the brand & strong backing of his players

Topic #27148 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh please, he signed because they offered him money to coach basketball games in a nice part of the world. Wouldnt matter if they were dead last every year, if they wanted him he'd sign. Nothing to do with the brand etc haha

Reply #343872 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

im surprised they signed him for that long. with the talent Gold Coast have and the fact they are not doing as well as they should be would have me considering sacking the guy not signing him longer.

Reply #343876 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Yeah I agree, I think he is underperforming with a very talented squad

Reply #343878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats insane. oh well its owens funeral !

Reply #343882 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Crazy. The way the Blaze play looks like they have no coach - more like a streetball/make it up as we go kinda thing.

Reply #343900 | Report this post

Fletcher  
Years ago

Na joey has been doing a good job. Having so many talented players on the team it must be hard to control them in a way that enables them all to do there job. I think even after this long there still finding there roles in the team if they all sorted out there role and place they will only get stronger. when they actually run some plays they play well. The fact that they still play well with few plays being run shows the talent in the team.
I think the blaze were worried about losing him to the possible new brisbane team. He still has the best career win percentage in the league as a coach i think.

Reply #343905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont be ridiculous, no returning club will sign a coach where it milked money & they have to come in under budget 1st year. as if they r close to signing a coach in the near future ! if this bbi group got over & we hope not-- they only compliant in around half the criteria package, then god help us all. a bris bid wld not sign wright again & he cldnt control his players off court, always in trouble but he didnt care. even worse culture at blaze. committees research things that did & didnt work in the past people. all the groups decided hes not the right fit or culture for bris & definately the wrong price too. blaze can keep em & have mediocre results from him every year. overated & ungrateful. no business head at all, just wants to party with his players & whatever happens happens

Reply #343916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wright hasn't signed officially. Title is wrong

Reply #343930 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754