Beantown
Years ago

Could the Clippers have ended the Indian Curse?

You're gonna want to check out the highlights of todays preseason game between the Clips and Lakers. Chris Paul and co made the Lakers look OLD.

http://www.nba.com/games/20111219/LACLAL/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0011100014#nbaGIboxscore

DeAndre swats the cr@p out of Gasol and Kobe and dunks all over both Lakers 7 footers.

Not only that, but Chauncey looks HAPPY and had a great game.

Could the Clippers finally break the curse and challenge the elite teams in the West?

Topic #27151 | Report this topic

MK  
Years ago

wouldn't comment too soon about the curse...they have to be all healthy to end it. good roster is only a start.

curse of Portland is pretty nasty.

Reply #343891 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

their coaching will let them down in the playoffs.

Reply #343893 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

It hasn't lifted. Once they make playoffs we can start talking. Every couple years people say it could be over then it goes down hill come start of playoffs when they are missing and 3 injuries deep

Reply #343894 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Well I'm REALLY hoping the curse doesn't strike this years Clippers team, because they should be great fun to watch. Paul, Billups, Butler, Griffin and Jordan is one helluva starting five!

Reply #343895 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Wait and see what happens when Griffens rookie contract ends. Will the Clips pay him what he is worth? History says no.

Reply #343899 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Well the clips certainly do bring out the negative posts! I know it's well earned, but did anyone actually watch the highlights I posted? That was actually what I was more interested in. The title was just a hook to get people to read this thread ;-)

Reply #343912 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I think, barring injuries, they will finish top 3 in the West this year. If Jordan and Griffin stay out of foul trouble, they may even push for top seed.

And if not, they will be a helluva fun team to watch for the rest of the season, just the Paul 2 Griffin/Jordan passes should be worth the price of admission.

Reply #343915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Portland have a curse. The Clippers never had a curse, they just always suck up until this year.

Reply #343958 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Top seed??? Talk about jumping on the Bandwagon. Who here thinks the clips will finish higher than the Lakers? Mind you I don't think the Lakers are the top team in the west either. Clippers top 8 but 1st??????

Reply #344037 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Not cursed hey anon? Have a read of this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090624&sportCat=nba

Reply #344062 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754