Crocs City
Years ago

Are the Crocs missing Kelvin Robertson?

The Question im asking is Do the CROCS miss his productivity??
He could shoot the 3,get to hoop,
good passer run ur offense and didn't turn the ball over,
rebound well for a guard and play fool court D,had speed to burn

Perfect Sub come in and change a game at both ends,
you look at the weekend Gill 8 turnovers and couldn't score,you only play cedar 4min,
I Like Cedar and Norton,but young,when this year it looks like if Kelvin was Healthy and ready to go he could have done more to help the crocs then the other guys,he knows the system,

Topic #27152 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No .. there's a reason he's retired ..

Reply #343901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eddie gill has arthritis in both knee's once angin the crocs didn't look into imports doc's records.u can see his play is getting worst every week course of it,

Reply #343904 | Report this post

Crocs City  
Years ago

Reason Kelvin retired was because he played 10yrs for the crocs,could have comeback from the 2knee injuries as he worked tirelessly,but he also is a qualified Pharmacist and his career is going well in that industry,has a young family and wanted to stay in Townsville,i know he would have been that punch of the bench that would have helped,spark plug??

Reply #343910 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the Crocs just need more consistent play from Michael Cedar. They are getting good mileage out of Holmes, and Crawford has got a second wind.

Reply #343926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this place is getting too popular!

Reply #343986 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Kelvin couldn't get to the rim, that was his major weakness.

Reply #343992 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

And the thing that is holding back Crocs is Eddie Gill's inconsistency. Cedar has been reduced to his rightful place as a bench spark, so his production doesn't worry me at all. He's playing much better this year, despite what everyone says, playing the game at a better pace with much greater efficiency.

Every game the Crocs have lost has been because Gill has played flat out awful and has seemingly been on drugs.

Reply #343994 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I liked Will Blalock. Really underrated player.

Reply #344017 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Some of Gill's turnovers against Melbourne would be considered bad in under 12's. His head wasnt in the game - injured or not.

Reply #344046 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

On drugs is the only explanation I can offer for those.

Every single turnover was unforced.

He seriously needs to pick up his game because he's the one letting the team down at this point.

Reply #344056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kelvin was an excellent shooter and undoubtedly an NBL-level player but on the back of two knee injuries, moving into his late 20's, having a baby and working as a pharmacist I think he made a smart call to leave the NBL behind.

I agree though, the issue is the poor play from Eddie Gill. He gets caught up in individual match-ups and instead of underperforming and giving them nothing he turns the ball over and actually hurts them.

Chris Cedar is doing as well as could be expected while Mitch Norton is not yet ready to play consistent minutes as a point guard.

Without signing Jacob Holmes late and the All-Star like efforts from Crawford god knows where this team would be sitting.

Reply #344090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kelvin would no longer know the offense- new coach and new system.

Reply #344149 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:02 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754