Fletcher
Years ago

centrebet crazy with odds

Can someone explain how centrebet make their odds? it seems crazy. last week gold coast were favourites against perth at a $1.60 coming off a two game losing streak. They win that but now perth are the favourites against new zealand, who's the best team in the league on a 5 game win streak. New zealand are at the best odds of the week at 2.85 for the win. Just doesnt seem to make sense. How do the number 7 ranked team be the favourites one week then the number 1 ranked team be on the worst odds the next?

Topic #27158 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Were those odds so crazy if the favourites won?

Aren't Perth at home? Aren't they one of the top teams? What's their record coming off a loss? At home against NZ? If you think the odds are ridiculous, put a bet on.

Bookies don't play that "Adelaide thrashed Wollongong, and earlier this season Wollongong beat the Breakers in NZ, and NZ are #1, therefore Adelaide should be #1" game.

Reply #344076 | Report this post

Fletcher  
Years ago

Yeah pretty much and i have put a bet on. it just seems illogical sometimes, but they definitely know there stuff. that gold coast v perth game though was a bit rough. did not see the gold coast as the favourites at half time.

Reply #344083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac i love how you logic destroys stupid simple mindsets haha

Reply #344115 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers will like the underdog tag going into this one.

Reply #344117 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Cats are rightful favourites, but Breakers are a bit long. All the home teams won last round and they're all favs this round.

Reply #344135 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Cats should be favs but I'm not going to be against NZ extending their streak to 6

Reply #344137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah I guess they figured Knight would be playing that why they are favs.

Reply #344143 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Its a bit like Fremantle in the AFL - when they play at home they usually dont pay much, when they are in melbourne they usually have higher odds.

I think Centrebet generally know what they are doing.

Reply #344148 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Nz on 5 game streak=easy to take the foot off the pedal and drop a game coupled with long flight into an unfriendly environment (that historically they don't have a good record in) against an opponent that has a good record at home and are sitting in second place that is coming off a loss that they will be wanting to put behind them quickly. Perth will really want the W, players and fans alike. Be a good scalp to add to the collection before Xmas for the Breakers.

Reply #344190 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Take NZ at the line for sure.

Reply #344196 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Four every post on here about how crazy the bookies odds are, I say: why don't you take advantage then? These guys aren't stupid. They're better than you at picking the winner. Otherwise you'd make a living off your picks...

Reply #344215 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

*For (Damn iPhone autocorrect making me look like an illiterate nincompoop again)

Reply #344216 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Another fact for you Fletcher - Cats are 10-2 against the Breakers in Perth. Might've weighed on the bookies' minds.

Reply #344309 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:57 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754