Sas Squat
Years ago

Best teams in 18 ones boys

I know u guys get enough of this topic but i want this one to be the official one. What are your official thoughts on these terms. I want answers which are based on fact not fiction

Topic #2719 | Report this topic

negyven_negy  
Years ago

From what I can tell the Woodville 18 1s are a great TEAM. The same guys have been in the team for absolute ages so they know each other backwards and gel so well together. When they are really on I don't think much can be done to stop some of the guys in that group.

Reply #30640 | Report this post

Curious Monkey  
Years ago

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that negyven_negy is in the woodville 18 B div 2 team.
That aside, gonig on current form (few games seen, and sportingpulse results) you would have to put Westies, Sturt, Forestville and Woodville (to keep negyven_negy quiet), around the mark and Southern a clear level ahead.

Southern will be the team to beat, and those mentioned too far off the pace to challenge, can't see any dark horses im afraid.

Reply #30641 | Report this post

Curious Monkey  
Years ago

correction:

Southern will be the team to beat, and those NOT mentioned too far off the pace.

Reply #30643 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Saw Southern play a few weeks ago. Their starting five is very stong, but the bench drops off sharply or were they just having a bad night.

I've only seen West, Forrestville and Woodville play over summer with Woodville being the most impessive.

Reply #30645 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

Yea I play in Woodville Div 2 so what? I think that the Div 1s are great players and they will go far this season. I know everyone thinks they guys from their oiwn club are the best and that but we have to have some club pride don't we?

Reply #30652 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

I have to back Forestvile

Reply #30667 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

negyven_negy -
Round 5 Sturt def Woodville 74 55.

How did they fair against the tigers last week??

They simply aren't contenters.

Reply #30670 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

curious monkey, your a tool mate, that is 1 game, and how many times does dodman come down to play. if its the same as the last few years, its only against the GOOD TEAMS. every one mentioned before are huge contenders, and it will be very even at the pointy end of the ladder

Reply #30680 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

curious monkey they were minor premiers of the short season even with carrying injuries. Must mean something

Reply #30681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville were summer minor premiers and in fact took out the title! This was done with injuries too

Reply #30699 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Statue of liberty

Woodville were not minor premiers, they were 4th.

From memory it was

Forestville
Norwood
West
Woodville

Also to take luck

Dodman does not come down just to play the 'good teams'. He comes down any weekend that State Country training is on.

Having said that, I would not count Woodville out just yet. They do have a lot of talent, but probably not quite able to match it with Forestville, Southern and Sturt.

Reply #30707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to negyven_negy, wots ur first name

Reply #30718 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

just wondering who southern have gained this season, becasue woodville beat them quite well last season and icant really c y that would change unless they had gained another good player??

Reply #30722 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

Season premiers. Finals they finished 4th but im pretty sure they finished 1st in the season

why would it go west then woodville?

Reply #30727 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

Take luck - do you need any help removing your foot from your mouth?

You need to relax, i know its exciting being on school holidays, but this is a civilised forum, no need for name calling!!

I dont pretend to know alot about the teams, like i said i saw that Sturt Woodville result on Sportingpulse, getting done by 20 in the season, i wont "count them out", but i stand by what i said, they're not contenders.

Statue - i did put "Westies, Sturt, Forestville and Woodville around the mark" with southern one step ahead. (not in any particular order).

Reply #30729 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Forestville
Norwood
West
Woodville

Was the final order, after finals. Woodvile WERE 4th after the minor rounds, and were knocked out by Forestville in the semi, placing them 4th. Norwood beat West in the other semi, so West are 'officially' 3rd. Then Forestville beat Norwood in the GF.

Woodville weren't 1st after the minor rounds - Sorry Statue of Liberty!

Reply #30737 | Report this post

fudgeman  
Years ago

cat in the hat, u obviously havent seen jordan play this season, he played against both West and Woodville the only tough team he has missed is vs norwood

Reply #31047 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Fudgeman

I know that, I think you are missing my point. I didn't say he doesn't play against good teams, I was pointing out to Take Luck that Jordan doesn't decide when to come down based on who Sturt are playing. If State Country training is on, then Jordan makes the trip and plays on the Friday.

I'm not sure exactly what point you were trying to make?

Reply #31065 | Report this post

is that it?  
Years ago

i am pretty sure that sure has beaten both west and woodville with west unable to beat sturt so far if i am correct but if i am wrong feel feel to correct me

Reply #31214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can i correct your spelling first

Reply #31217 | Report this post

Years ago

mavs, definately the team to beat

Reply #31296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'guest' if ur trying to be funny by saying mavs, ur not. sure theyr not going to win it all but theyre definetly not the laughing stock they have always been

Reply #31359 | Report this post

snoop  
Years ago

To say the truth Sturt look a good team this season the only problem they have is they crack under pressure. I saw them play Norwood and they looked the better team but they lost because they did not have enough scoring options at the end.

Reply #31442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Dodman in that Norwood game. They are undefeated with their full line up and are still the team to beat. If they turn up the D no-one is within 15 even Fville or Southern. If they don't then any number of teams can beat them.

Reply #31461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have been looking on sporting pulse site and southern are now 6 and 0. No team has come close to them. What have they done from last season? And who can beat them?

Reply #31616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

f/ville

Reply #31618 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Forestville won the summer season, and have been playing some good ball. In the easter carnival, they took Melbourne (undefeated in victoria) to OT. They have a plethora of State metro and Country kids. Southern are also a great unit, and i think from there it shifts down to norwood, sturt. West and woodville outside chances.

Reply #31693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

southern will implode just a matter of time

Reply #31699 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know what happened to North they are not good as they used to be its full of fat players is there something wrong with them

Reply #31703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north only seem to have 2 true gaurds and one guard/forward, and the rest are all beefy forwards.

Reply #31721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh north = out of picture

Reply #31724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north are a good guard away from a top 4 team

Reply #31777 | Report this post

budgie  
Years ago

Southern now have Sam Hemmings and he is awesome. They are also starting to gel as a team. They will do well.

Reply #31782 | Report this post

sas squat  
Years ago

Ananymous how can u say that souther will imploe, they arenow 6-0 and not team has go 10 10 points of them. Although the game to watch this week will be southern and sturt. Bother undderfeated with a full line, this game will be intereting.

Reply #31797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #32843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anyone have results from the weekend

Reply #33211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North beat Woodville by 20 somethin

Reply #33213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wana know know why southern doing so well? a certain player isnt such a hog anymore, and the team plays together, no more 1 on 5 like it used to be.

Reply #33865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern is the best club in u18 boys 2 years in a row. Why is that so i do not understand why this is happening.

Reply #34643 | Report this post

tiger  
Years ago

we arent called southern we are called the tigers!!!!

Reply #34771 | Report this post

Years ago

They are the best in two years because they know how to play as a team and they have tAhat aggrettion. But they also have good players which helps alot.

Reply #34786 | Report this post

Jo Jo  
Years ago

Reply #35040 | Report this post

cat no go  
Years ago

Rhino is the reason that the Tigers are now the leaders of the u-18 comp.
His work effort in the keyway is unsurpassed by any other in the league. His domination of Dodman in the State Champs semi final shows he can compete with the best and now the Tigers are booming from it. Phil is the best guard in the league and sam Hemmings is the ultimate role player who takes great pride in his defense. If only more players played with Hemmings intensity

Reply #36012 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

.................no!

Reply #36128 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:07 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754