Trex
Years ago

Best Pub In Adelaide

Hey guys!
Just moved to Adelaide and was wondering what a good pub in Adelaide is? Wanna go where there is good food and good atmosphere

Topic #27192 | Report this topic

Daddy J  
Years ago

Eastern suburbs...The Alma and The Oriental both have great beer gardens...

Reply #344537 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The Edinburgh at Mitcham

Reply #344539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watermark at glenelg goes allright.

Reply #344540 | Report this post

Ninja noob  
Years ago

The main park in Elizabeth is the spot.

Reply #344542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mutually exclusive term???!!

Reply #344543 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

What area are you in...Really depends on that

Reply #344544 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Ed has a great beer garden and great to catch up with mates. The Archer in Nth Adelaide has more of a city pub feel about it and you can get McLaren Vale Ale there. Does the Tap Inn still have the golf range?
I know it's not in Adelaide, but if you have a bike or open top car, take it up to the Swan Reach hotel and watch the river go past.

Reply #344545 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hotel Wright Street is up and coming, but the food is average.

Reply #344548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about good pubs for chix?

Reply #344549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chicks? Arkaba lol

I have a relative that cooks at the Henley so I'll say go there.

If you want exclusive yuppie beers go to the Belgian Beer Cafe (BBC) in the city and ask for 'Manning', his appearance alone will put a smile on your face.

Reply #344550 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

The Edinburgh
and the grace emily

Reply #344553 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Jack - yes the golf range still exists at the Tap Inn.

Reply #344555 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

to me its always been what is the best pub within walking distance? so really you need to figure out what is around you, and judge from there. once you head more than 15ish mins from town the pubs that arent exclusively pokie/ bogan haunts are few and far between. to me the only bad pub is that type.

good luck.

Reply #344557 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

if you want a decent chicken parmy and sports bar go to Coopers Ale House (corner of pulteney and carrington)

Reply #344558 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

always good to walk into different pubs and check their weekday specials. always some good $10 dollar beer and burger/ schnitty deals.

Reply #344564 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

best steaks - british at north adelaide

Reply #344567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the ramsgate goes alright

Reply #344575 | Report this post

Years ago

The Union Hotel on Waymouth Street is pretty underrated. Nice selection of beers on tap. The Ed Castle is great in summer too (beer garden is probably the best in the CBD), with great food as well (salt & pepper squid is awesome). Earl of Leicester (Parkside) has great food too (massive schnitties, with heaps of toppings), and the schnitties at the Cooper's Alehouse are nice also.

Reply #344642 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:49 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754