Anonymous
Years ago

FREE NBA TV until 9th Jan

NBA tv is allowing free viewing on the nba.com website until the 9th of january.

Great for those of us who dont have pay tv.

Topic #27203 | Report this topic

Years ago

Nice! :)

A question - Is there any way to get rid of the play/pause/fast forward buttons in full screen mode? I thought they'd fade away automatically after a period of time and then re-appear once you move the mouse (like they do in QuickTime), but it doesn't seem to happen, and there doesn't seem to be any other obvious way to make them disappear.

Reply #344641 | Report this post

aiden  
Years ago

Put the curser at the very bottom left .. seems to work for me.

If not another sneaky way is select "picture-in-picture", so a box appears. Then select full screen. Then cross off the box.

Reply #344643 | Report this post

Years ago

Thanks, cursor down the bottom left seemed to work. I like hooking up my laptop to the TV through a HDMI cable, and it's annoying watching stuff with the controls on the screen, so it's good to be able to get rid of them.

Reply #344644 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Boxing day was great. League pass with 2 nba games pip and tv with pip watching the cricket. 3 boxes going on, thank god I just upgraded the tv!

Reply #344653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Question for a computer illiterate- I have a mac and would like to connect my laptop to my TV, for better viewing obviously, what sort of cable would I need?

Reply #344662 | Report this post

Dazzler  
Years ago

There are lots of different macs with lots of different connections, which model/year do you have?

Reply #344675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Macbook Pro, bought it just over a year ago and it was the latest modle then.

Reply #344676 | Report this post

Dazzler  
Years ago

As long as you have a newer TV with HDMI in, you will need a Mini Display port to HDMI adapter and a HDMI cable. You can get the adapter off ebay for around $10 plus postage.

Reply #344708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazzler, you're a legend! cheers for that!

Reply #344741 | Report this post

chewie  
Years ago

You may want to check in System information, look at the audio information. You are looking for it to say HDMI/ Displayport output.

If it says this, the adapter will pass through audio as well, otherwise you will need to use a seperate audio connector to your tv/amp.
These are the supported models, plus I know it works on the 2011 macbook airs 4,2

MacBook 13" Model 7,1 (Mid 2010)
MacBook Pro 13" Model 7,1 (Mid 2010)
MacBook Pro 15" Model 6,2 (Mid 2010)
MacBook Pro 17" Model 6,1 (Mid 2010)
MacBook Pro 13" Model 8,1 (Early 2011 / Thunderbolt)
MacBook Pro 15" Model 8,2 (Early 2011 / Thunderbolt)
MacBook Pro 17" Model 8,3 (Early 2011 / Thunderbolt)

MacBook Air 11" Model 3,1 (Late 2010)
MacBook Air 13" Model 3,2 (Late 2010)

Reply #344848 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:20 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754