Anonymous
Years ago

Improvement in Sixers after Kings game?

How much better did the sixers look last night!!

Nathan Herbert really impressed looking like he is how good did the sixers look last night!

Nathan Herbert really impressed, stroking it and off the dribble looked quick and sharp!

good to give some guys a rest also down the strech, I found it interesting how Mitch Creek started but only played 9 minutes, whats with that?

Barlett has proved to be a handy pick up, and really the sixers need to win there next 4 games and we are with a hot chance of making the playoffs, its a long shot but it be better to finish just outside the playoffs to bottom which is what it looked like about 3 weeks ago.

I think next season, you'd have to give Daly a contract spot, the guy is proving he can be a back up point and has worked hard!

thoughts?

Topic #27211 | Report this topic

PeterJohn  
Years ago

I only saw the first quarter of the replay and thought Sydney were terrible. They did not defend at all and turned the ball over repeatedly. It seemed to me that most turnovers were not due to 36ers' defence but unforced errors by the Kings' players.

That said, the 36ers certainly took advantage of the opportunities gifted them and the lack of defence. They looked very good at times.

I'm guessing that the Kings kept playing poorly and the 36ers kept taking advantage for the rest of the game.

What I did like was the fact that the 36ers were definitely playing with their chins up and looking for the best option in offence. some very nice passes to the open player mixed with some good second efforts on the boards at both ends.

I still doubt the capability of this team to consistently defend better teams well enough to keep them to losing scores. I currently rate every other team except the Hawks as better than the Kings.

Reply #344841 | Report this post

forcey33  
Years ago

Herbie has been a key contributor in most of our wins....and generally absent in our bad losses.

For the season he's avergaing 5.1pts, 2.9reb and 0.6ast.
In the wins that goes up to 8.8pts, 4.2reb, 1.2 ast.

I've written more in my blog below

http://36reasons.blogspot.com/2011/12/herbie-does-it-again.html

Happy New Years everyone!

Reply #344851 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could you find the same supporting stats for other players? I imagine Weigh's been better in the wins also.

Reply #344944 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sydney started rolling the subs and that helped us.
Creek started well , but Herbert and the new guy looked pretty good out there. Warren had a good game
after a poor one (gold coast). Bruce started well but got worse as the game went on - some posters are too despotic - Simpson struggled , but Johnson and Helliwell were great.
Weigh looks a reasonably good player, when fit , not as great as the coach tells us . As great as you are man , you'll never be greater than yourself.

Reply #344945 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Whether two wins in a row would just happen.
We'll be pretty nervous , out there.
Seems we have won two in a row , once before.
There's an ole saying in basketball ; ' Get loose.'

Reply #344948 | Report this post

forcey33  
Years ago

Weigh's averages

Season: 12pts, 5.4 reb, 1.7 ast, 38.9% FG
Wins: 15.8pts, 5.4 reb, 2 ast, 45% FG

A few more pts and better %. Weigh's had some good games in losses whereas it seems all Herbert's good games have been in wins. I'm not saying he's our MVP but his contributions on D and ability to hit outside shots are key.

Reply #345338 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:14 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754