Adelaide
Years ago

Fixture for 36ers

Just had a look at the 36ers fixture over the next month - I cannot believe we play the crocs 3 times in consecutive weeks!!

Who exactly puts this fixture together? I know it's all about saving money with flights and everything but seriously, 3 times in 3 weeks?!

Round 17 Wednesday 25th January @ Townville
Round 18 Sunday 5th January @ Townsville
Round 19 Sunday 12th February @ Adelaide

Topic #27215 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one to blame but the Sixers for agreeing to that fixturing.

Reply #344866 | Report this post

themvpiskb24  
Years ago

Try beating Dallas and OKC, 4 times in 16 days (2 pre season games and 2 regular)

Reply #344867 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Preseason doesn't count

Reply #344869 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Same thing is happening, to varying degrees, for all teams around the league.

More importantly, the 6ers are half way through their season and have a 5-9 record. The run home has the following games (not in order):

Taipans x 3 (2 at home (Adelaide) and 1 away)
Crocs X 3 (1H + 2A)
Tigers x 2 (2A)
Hawks x 2 (1H + 1A)
NZ x 2 (1H + 1A)
Wildcats (H)
Blaze (H)

To make the play-offs, a 50-50 record plus season splits are likely to be needed. So the 6ers will need to win at least 9 and lose no more than 5 of these games.

Based on form to date, I see at least 5 losses above and probably more. BUT ( a really big BUT), the team for the second half of the season will be significantly different to the team we have seen so far. Recently, there have been signs of better defensive efforts and on court combinations. Weigh has to settle into the part time power forward role and Bartlett is yet to settle in, period. Herbert seems to be recapturing some form and Warren seems to have changed to more of a playmaker role and controlling the game's tempo.

Barring further injuries, the 6ers are in with a chance. For that chance to be a real one, they have to beat the Taipans this week and build some winning form. Other teams have shown signs of faltering - NZ, Crocs, Hawks and Blaze have all shown mixed form ranging from great to woeful. Carrying winning momentum into future games may make all the difference.

Reply #344870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Optomisic for sure. A race for the celler again, but I think the Hawks have that sewn up already.
Sixers still almost a guaranteed loss. Don't tell Perth

Reply #344889 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

The Fixture this year has been stupid..No team should play each other within 2 weeks in this league. Theres no reason with the number of teams we have to have it the ways its been so far...I seriously feel like you goto a game, then watch the replay the next week.
Should be alot more variation

Reply #344893 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:35 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754