HoldenV8
Years ago

NBL PotW Round 13

What chance do people think DJ has of becoming the 3rd player behind Jamar Wilson (Taipans) and Eddie Gill (Crocs) to win the Player of the Week Award?

Going on previous selections its obvious that score high and rebound high/ok and you're a good bet for it. I know that Cam Tragardh scored 25 points in Melbourne's win on the GC but he only pulled down 6 boards (Wortho scored 22 for the Blaze but.....they lost) and Anatoly Bose had 23 pts and 7 rebounds in the Kings win over the struggling Hawks. DJ 'only' scored 21 but pulled down 14 boards and helped keep The Big Bearded Sneeze out of the game on Friday night which was a key factor in the 36ers 19pt win.

And I know he won't win the Coach of the Month award but in December Marty Clarke took the 36ers to a 3-3 record. Not bad considering that we lost our two most experienced players to season ending injuries during the month and that 2 of those wins were on the road. Of course, I think the CotM will go to either Lemanis or Beveridge who's Wildcats took top spot from Lemanis' Breakers in the last round of the month.

Topic #27216 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Check out Luke Neville's stat line

Reply #344887 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

And just a correction, the 3rd player after Wilson & Gill to win twice this year.....

Nevil went for 21 points and 7 rebounds against the Crocs (his main opponent being the almost as tall at 7'1" Big Red who had 10 pts & 5 boards). Personally I still think that DJ had the better all round personal game this round over any of the other contenders in Tragardh, Bose & Nevill (not counting Wortho as the GC lost).

Reply #344888 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Going purely off the stats, since I didn't see either game, you've got:
DJ: 21 pts (57%), 14 reb, 2 ast, 4 t/o, 1 stl, 1 blk in 33 min.
LN: 21 pts (77%), 7 reb, 1 ast, 5 t/o, 0 stl, 1 blk in 20 min.
Both players had big road wins, so that aspect is a wash.

If it's between those two then it has to be DJ. Nevill had a very efficient game in terms of production per minute, but 14 boards is a definite sealer.

Reply #344895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Personally I like Lisch, but I know he won't win. Only 16 points, however 8 assists and 0 turnovers impresses me.

Reply #344935 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Agreed Anon. Thats like a 35 point game from lisch!

Holden V* it would be amazing if Clarke won COTM considering his job seems a week by week contract...

DJ might just pip Neville for it.

Reply #344939 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Clarke won't win a CotM award. If Phil Smyth can't win a Coach of the Year award after taking his team to back to back championships in his first two seasons in charge then Clarke is no chance LOL

DJ should have won the PotW for Round 13 IMO.

Reply #344974 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:12 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754