joshuapending
Years ago

Hoop Reality (Hoop Dreams Sequel)

Have not watched this yet myself but just stumbled on it. http://www.3030fm.com/ has the follow up to the fantastic bball doco Hoop Dreams. (broken youtube vids)

I'm sure there would be a few people who might get something from this.

Topic #27221 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Looks good. Thanks for that!

Reply #344929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I always new that arthur kid werent gonna make it , sad as it is to say. but it proves a point, good players often dont make the NBA...

Reply #344965 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Really enjoyed this good follow up to Hoop Dreams.

Cant say too much as it may spoil the ending

Reply #344976 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yep got through it now and it was great again. I guess as it discussed its a hard balance for family etc to preach dream v reality.

Reply #344978 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Yeah really enjoyed it. Another great series.

I know this will never be done with Basketball in Australia but I'm sure this concept would be great for a AFL player coming through the ranks and maybe getting drafted.

There are many AFL players that get drafted but never see the light of day in the AFL. Same concept would be good. Find some promising AFL U16 or U18 players and follow their story.

Hoops Dreams and Hoops Reality are both great stories.

Reply #344982 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Has been done before in the AFL with Aboriginal players (including Yarren from Carlton) in 3 boys dreaming documentary.

Reply #344983 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

And also with The Draft that if I recall correctly featured AFL players fevola, headland and ramanakus from about 1999.

Reply #344984 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

dud - Do you know where I can get a copy or whether its on the web somewhere.

Reply #344987 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

3 boys dreaming is pretty recent so id check the abc website. The draft is pretty old and have only seen it once ---but it was also very good from what i remember.

Not sure if either are on dvd or not.

Reply #344989 | Report this post

Lucy  
Years ago

Can't say I enjoyed this half as much as Hoop Dream. The commentary let it down badly imho. Some interesting game footage though, including Derrick Rose playing for Simeon.

Reply #345131 | Report this post

birdman  
Years ago

This is why i love hoops.com.au,

thankyou for sharing this! look forward to watching it!

Reply #345161 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:21 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754