Isaac
Years ago

Tragardh gets Round 13 NBL POTW

Could be a contentious one this week.

Tragardh has won Player of the Week for his 25 points and six rebounds as the Tigers beat the Blaze on the Gold Coast.

Johnson had 21 and 14 in a road win while another two runners-up were Loughton (20/4/3 at home in beating the Breakers) and Nevill (21 and seven boards in taking down the Crocs on the road).

Here are a few more people:

Others considered for Player of the Week for Round 13 included Anatoly Bose (Sydney), Liam Rush (Melbourne), Jesse Wagstaff (Perth), Jamar Wilson (Cairns), Peter Crawford (Townsville), Mark Worthington (Gold Coast), Kevin Lisch (Perth), Damian Martin (Perth), and Tim Coenraad (Wollongong).

Topic #27222 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

I think it depends on the opponent. You take Tragardh out of that Tigers team and they lose. If you take Johnson out of the Sixers we probably still would have won.

Sixers beat a crappy Sydney. Tigers beat a quality Gold Coast team.

Reply #344966 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Geez they dont like Adelaide do they...I mean 25/6 is good but 21/14 is ALOT better..8 rebounds is alot more contribution than 2 shots. Specially when you consider Khazzouh was kept to under 15 points.
Be nice if Adelaide players got a bit of recognition for their efforts.

Reply #344967 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

For what it's worth, trigger scored 2 points less than dj on the dreamteam. I never know who to put in my center spot out of them 2

Reply #344968 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

KJ if you look at direct opponents DJ handled Khazzouh...who had one of his worst games against us. Yeh Sydnet sucked but weve also been beaten by them the last 3 games. I dunno I just think this one is a bit off key

Reply #344969 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

probably had to do with his recent form over the last few rounds

Reply #344975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

given that trigger plays out of position and is undersized on that team I think it's a top effort

however i do think that DJ is having a breakout season, prob learning alot off simpson at training

Reply #344995 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

i think Trigger is well over due for this award as he is having an MVP level season

Reply #345004 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It's the Player Of The Week award. Meaning the best performance of that week. Trigger has been outstanding and consistent but I too think Johnson was robbed.

If he has had consecutive standout games, then give him a player of the month award or something similar.

Reply #345155 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754