sactown
Years ago

Sacramento Fire Head Coach Paul Westphal

That was quick.

All that DeMarcus Cousins stuff now this, not a good start to the year...

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/press_release_2012_01_05.html

Topic #27234 | Report this topic

forcey33  
Years ago

Yeh, love seeing the team side with the headcase player, that always works out well.

Reply #345242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be fair, Westphal has a history of clashing with star players...like with Gary Payton a few years back. Although it doesn't send a good message to the players or the fans of the club.

Reply #345254 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sounds like Cousins has a bit of history - fires up at anyone.

Being axed at 2-5 is a bit rough considering their roster is pretty abysmal. You had to stretch to find many good players at his disposal.

Reply #345261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what a joke 7 games in wow, they should sign moose i think hes ready to make the step up

Reply #345268 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

No one would be stupid enough to touch Cousins, especially a top team, he is a head case! Was like this in Coillege, I remembered he got suspended by his coach for talking back to him.

Reply #345273 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

I don't think it was all about the clash' I think some of it might have been how he handled it (through the media).
Going to the media, saying the team has said they were going to trade Cousins, then having the team say 'no we are not', not great. Plus Tyreke Evans was also complaining about the offensive sets (that got lost in the aftermath of the Cousins 'trade request'. So he was always gone.
I think the only reason he lasted even this long is the Maloof's did not want to have to pay out his contract (even though he is/was the lowest paid coach in the NBA) and then have to pay someone else

Reply #345279 | Report this post

Flep  
Years ago

I wonder how many more coaches Cousins will claim. I'll take a stab at 7. The guy is as toxic a locker room presence as ever there was one.

Reply #345285 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Cousins must have some serious game for elite teams to deal with that, and I mean is he really that good? I mean is it really worthwhile tolerating?

I'm still trying to imagine what this guy's thinking about acting like this...like he don't realize he got some problem?

Reply #345287 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754