Anonymous
Years ago

Where can I view the men's AIS athletes?

If you go to the official page: http://www.ausport.gov.au/ais/sports/basketball/athletes it only shows the girls. Where can I find the boys?

Topic #27238 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.ausport.gov.au/ais/sports/basketball/athletes

Reply #345286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats my point. Its the girls only. I want to know who the boys are?

Reply #345291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It doesnt really matter...they dont play against anyone anyway...just train and get injured

Reply #345294 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Interesting that they don't compete against anyone.
Previously they competed in:
1. SEABL
2. ACT Competition (as a team)
3. ACT Competition (as individuals allocated to a
local team.
I fail to see what is gained from players only training (and getting injured as suggested), rather than competing in some sort of competion (SEABL etc). Possibly it is the cost factor (fees, travel, accommodation) but the AIS always seem to have funds. I'm sure there are coaches out there (probably at SASI) who will howl me down and state that the AIS has amazing results etc, but, it still seems a waste when there is no competition.

Reply #345295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They should play SEABL and so should the women.I am tired of them being regarded as the kids in the WNBL...if they arnt good enough for that make them play against their peers in SEABL and lets see how some of the match ups and selections look then.
They get ordained at 16 and never challenged after that and no one gets the chance to challenge them.I am not a grumpy parent but I cant see the point of them sitting up in Canberra ..doing what?..Most of the national coach's are back in their states coaching anyway ..eg: Cheryl Chambers

Reply #345297 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure the reason the men no longer compete in the SEABL competition is due to FIBA's introduction of international play at the under-17 age level. This means that the AIS SEABL season would be constantly interupted by international tournaments etc. I'm sure they tried to do both in the first season of U17 play, but it just didnt work.

Reply #345772 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754