Jarrad
Years ago

Will Anthony Drmic be a Boomer?

I have seen videos of this guy play, looks pretty legit! is 6 ft 6 and is averaging 14 a game as a freshman for boise state. must be a chance from what ive seen, do any of you guys know more about him? also whatsthe story on hugh greenwood? i wanna hear more about some of the dark horses to make thiz team... i dont want the team selected mainly on who was there last time!

Topic #27245 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Hugh Greenwood is having a tough freshman year.

Averaging 6.3ppg, 2.7rpg and 2.8apg.

But he is the type of guy who will only improve as he adjusts to the american style of play.
I could easily see him breaking out next season.

Drmic playing great with 14ppg, however he isn't exactly in the strongest conference. But still great numbers.

In answering your question,

Drmic will almost certainly be a boomer. But not until after his college career.

We have very similar players in Newley, Ingles already in the mix, and they bring much more experience.

Reply #345326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Um Drmic and Hugh are in the same confrence

Which is ranked 4th in the nation

Reply #345334 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Drmic and Hugh will both be Boomers, not this year but.

Reply #345358 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

The Boomers probably lack some shooters. I think Crawford will be the man for that position this time around. But in the future with guys like Drmic and Bose things are looking good.

Reply #345452 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I agree with rohant16, if Brett Brown decides to bring in a shooting guard for London, it will likely be Peter Crawford who is averaging 17ppg on sizzling 48% 3-pt field goal shooting, an area the Boomers lacked in the past couple of years.

In answer to your question through, there is no doubt that Drmic and Greenwood will be Boomers at the OG/WC level in the future. There's also another couple of guys from Greenwood's 2009 Emus team pressing for selection in future Boomers teams. The obvious one is Matty Dellavedova, who should be a lock as a back-up point guard for London. And like Drmic and Greenwood, probably not for London, more down the track, Ryan Broekoff and Brock Motum are both juniors in NCAA division 1, and both having outstanding seasons this year.

Reply #345629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anthony just got ranked 14th best freshman in college. Nice effort kid

Reply #346195 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Absolutely, considering all of the amazing freshman talent running around. Hopefully he can continue to develop his game over his college career.

Reply #346200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jason Cadee has been pretty impressive this year. And Mitch Creek has to be mentioned in the same breath as Drmic and Greenwood coz he was excellent at the junior worlds.

Reply #346208 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Anonymous you have to be kidding with mitch creek and jason cadee. solid at best NBL players. until they are dominating the NBL, they have no chance. Mate Newley scored 60 odd in the NBL and he is struggling for minutes in the eurocup and will most likely come off the bench for the boomers.

Reply #353497 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm with Vart.

Reply #353515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #353730 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sitiveni, Creek and Cadee have performed well at junior level and are now in a tougher comp than Drmic and Greenwood. If you are going to consider college players you have to consider good young NBL players.

Re Newley, he would not dominate the NBL. Consider that Penney averaged 21ppg and Mills 19ppg and both had quite a few poor shooting nights. Newley isnt as good as either of those guys with his jumpshot not working anymore.

Reply #353740 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:58 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754