MW
Years ago

Tigers thoughts: Tragardh captain ahead of Greer?

noticed some interesting things watching the game tonight...

1. not turning it into some race thing but Tigers has the most black people playing, they can have 5 on at a time! interesting look for a NBL team.

2. over the last few games I think it has shown previous arguments of prior posts that Tommy Greer is not worthy of starting role and Cam Tragardh is even more worthy of captaincy; Liam Rush has proven to be much for effective at the 3 spot in absence of Greer...Greer will be great back up playing 15min a game under Rush.

Topic #27246 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs!!! The worst ive seen 4 avery very long tym!! Since the 93 Gf game wen perth got robbed at hm!!! Pathetic!! Disgrace!!!

Reply #345330 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I understand what you're saying anon but I don't mind the refs letting a bit go. The issue is its never consistent. Not only from game to game but quarter to quarter. I needs to be addressed at a higher level.

Im sick of ubaka taking stupid shots or turning the ball over, and then blaming everyone else when it doesn't work!!!

Reply #345331 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

The refs this year overall have been below par..

Reply #345332 | Report this post

fffff  
Years ago

Agreed, every home game is so biased its unbelievable (even for the tigers and i'm a tigers fan), and tonight was especially horrible

And aside from a couple of flashy plays (dunks/blocks) each game walker contributes nothing to the team, misses easy shots makes stupid passes and turns it over, hardly rebounds when he should be getting a shitload given his height and vertical

Liked how tough the tigers played though, and if they hadnt of committed so many turnovers due to the press and the refs hadnt been so bad it should've been an easy tigers win

Reply #345333 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

I just don't get how a press can be effective at nbl level- pg's (and to sg's to a degree) must be able to dribble the ball through pressure and teams must have press-breakers!

Reply #345335 | Report this post

WeDaBestMaan  
Years ago

What's your problem with Walker? Is he even a starter? Players like Walker are exactly what the NBL need- bring entertainment to the league.

Reply #345336 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

The ex Cairns trio combined for 23 at a woeful clip. Dillon did some nice things & Ubaka can contribute when his shots not dropping but Dorsey is very disappointing! If this was his first season i reckon he'd be on a plane home. 2 - 8 from downtown & early trigger in the offence even when cold. Gleeson must recognise this as the reason they are not a definite top 4. Maybe Cairns would have got a sloppy 2nd year as well so all smiles up here!!

Reply #345342 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Is this the same stupid walker hater from the other week?

last night he got 7 rebounds in 15 minutes. So much for "hardly rebounds". That would be close to 20 if he played a 40 minute game. Perhaps if was on track for 30 you would be more happier?

"Misses easy shots" perhaps but so does every player and besides he is close to a 50% shooter.

Reply #345344 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

I thought Walker had a good game last night and deserved more minutes. He also had a couple of big bloacks. If you think Walker was the problem last night you know absolutely nothing about basketball.

Id be more worried about the imports, especially Dorsey who stank in the amount of minutes he got.

Reply #345346 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

The refs were shocking last night

I am sure they did not know what a travel was!?!

Not biased to the home team either, I dont think I have ever seen the refs get booed as they walked off the court before..

Reply #345356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This criticism of the tigers seems odd - the list a close game to the best team in the competition with three quality players out of a team that played them last time. If any other team list by that amount to Perth there would be no thread on it. Townsville lost to them by over 20 last week on their home court but I don't recall seeing any posts.

Reply #345367 | Report this post

True  
Years ago

The Perth vs Tigers last night showed how to play pickup basketball with minimum structure other than the start of the qtr or a play being setup from a time out. Although it suits Perth and disrupt the opposition and forcing them into TO's.

Ubaka is inconsistant, not a pt guard thats a leader and therefore the tigers can be very eratic and he is not in great shape like a true pt grd should be this time of year.

Dorsey..if his shot is not on then he is giving the tigers nothing!

They are very lucky the had Patty at the start of the season and Tragarght the best 5 man in the nbl and really he is a 4 man. Otherwise the tigers will be in pack with the bottom team.

True

Reply #345370 | Report this post

True  
Years ago

BTW.. Lucas Walker is a talented player. He just need
some mental coaching so he make smart decisions to go with him athletism. This is when your team & floor leader is important.

True

Reply #345371 | Report this post

AMAZIN  
Years ago

Waxy is 28 he is not a kid so King James he is on his way to 30 and that bloke ffffff is still not happy. Personally i think that the NBL's youngens got it tough.

Reply #345373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is owen odigie full signed by the tigers?

Reply #345380 | Report this post

WeDaBestMaan  
Years ago

fffff just mad he can't hang with Lucas 'Sky' Walker:P
Check out his twitter
http://twitter.com/lucaswaxy

Reply #345381 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

although Waxy is 30 but his basketball age is not. as a late starter he has no milage. so his athletic age will not quite be like those with milage.

think about current Kobe. at age of 34 right now he's played more minutes than any other 34 year old basketball player ever. and that's a much bigger toll than somebody with barely any playing time.

and this is why Dmac played till his early 40s. so Waxy's 28 is more like 26, and he might really peak between 32~34.

Reply #345384 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Walker needs to be taught the game. He is an incredible athlete but rarely makes the right decision, especially when the opposition put the heat on. A very low basketball IQ. He is worth persisting with as a bench player.

Unfortunately for him Gleason hasnt got a clue how to develop somone so wont teach him anything. He really needs to play for someone like Marty Clarke (if he has a job). Marty is great at teaching the fundamentals of the game. He did it for years at the AIS. It would be great to see what walker could become under a 'teachong' coach.

Reply #345385 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

he was developed at the AIS for a year or 2...

Reply #345386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Walker only just turned 27, his peak is still at least 2-3 years off.

Reply #345397 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

My mistake. Didn't realise he went to the institute....there's no hope for him! Not that the ais is the be all and end all, but if you can't learn basics there like, a cross court pass against a press is going to get stolen, then its time to take up volleyball!

Reply #345416 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pretty flat weekend from Dorsey...

Reply #345527 | Report this post

WeDaBestMaan  
Years ago

The tigers are erratic. I'm always hesitatnt to bet on any games that the Tigers play. Some days they light up because they've got an enormous amount of talent but other days their just flat and can't get it together.

Reply #345544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just making up the numbers!!! Got to be Perth & NZ Gf!!!

Reply #345651 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Didnt read all prior posts but is he performing 'mvp' style without the added pressure of captaincy? Gaze said commentating that he's playing like he did with the hawks 2 years ago? I totally agree with that!

Dorsey is a problem & needs to move on from last season & his big shots! He's almost embarassing...

Reply #345662 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

he look quicker (offensively) and stronger than he's ever been

Reply #345670 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Trigger had a huge off-season/pre season working on his strengh & conditioning from all reports plus keeping a bit of touch by playing ABA and it looks like it has really benefited his game.

Interesting that guys like Walker & co don't play offseason ABA and it can take until 1/2 way thru a season for them to show form.

Reply #345690 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

searched on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzfc34i3NEg

Reply #345702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1. not turning it into some race thing but Tigers has the most black people playing, they can have 5 on at a time! interesting look for a NBL team... if you're not making it a race thing what is your point? You sound extremely ignorant. when you say it's an "interesting" look I hope you mean athletically superior. The NBA is full of black people and we all know that is why the league is far more superior to the NBL and why the NBL has to pay BLACK people more than its WHITE players to play here. If you don't want to turn it into a race thing how about you don't mention race

Reply #345782 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Unless they play Odigie or Adepoju, they only have 4 'black' players. They had Mills, but he's gone.
New Zealand, counting Maoris have 5 (and they would have had Webster).
Jackson, Bruton, Anthony, Henry, Vukona.

Reply #345786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

highest paid players in nbl last couple of years are penney, schenscher, worthington. not too many black guys! just relax, the guy was just saying not too many teams have that. your comment was more racist than his.

Reply #345787 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agreed '787. The NBA is not superior 'because it has more black players.'

Reply #345819 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:20 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754