Anonymous
Years ago

Car park delays at 36ers game

What was with the blokes doing the car park tonight? They kept letting the driveway cars through and we had this massive backlog.

Was getting really dangerous there with people getting shitty and cutting others off trying to actually get out.

Topic #27249 | Report this topic

tyrantT  
Years ago

I dont think the carpark was meant for 6500 people all trying to exit at once. The driveway is also part of the 'backlog' to cars in the main carpark.

Just gotta wait your turn sadly. If people are that impatient, dont park there and walk to your car on Crittenden Rd

Reply #345402 | Report this post

Dylan  
Years ago

Bad loss hard to swallow. I almost didn't get too see game my mate decided to come barefeet and at entrance was refused entry but after some sweet talking he was allowed in.

Reply #345409 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

And with the rain that car park wouldn't have been a fun place tonight, especially when everyone was leaving. That grass gets very slippery when wet. Couldn't take the car and was gonna ride the Yammy down tonight but decided not to when it rained like it did. With the roads and the grass car park I'm glad I didn't actually.

Reply #345413 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

To clear people quickly the car park has always needed more exits with directed traffic at each exit but it never gets it. And probably never will. Just takes some patience.

Reply #345417 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The carpark was not much of a problem when I got there (7.15pm)apart from the fact that I was miles away from the stadium. Still charged $8 although a long way out. The real problem was the traffic around Hindmarsh Stadium as it just happened that the game had finished and the crowds were everywhere. The streets around the stadium are a nightmare as they are short side streets with many intersections. People decide that they have to block the intersections when there is congestion in front of them and then the people on the streets that cross over can't move. Its the place to go if you want to see Adelaide drivers at their very worst. The air reeks in selfishness and bad manners with no one allowing anyone else through.

Reply #345424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree the car park attendants were particularly bad last night.

Reply #345451 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No issues arriving or departing.

Reply #345468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most people on this thread have missed the point.

If you departed by driving in front of the stadium and working your way around to crittendon road you would have had a dream run.

If you were trying to leave via the main exit from the oval to get onto the driveway leading to crittendon road you waited for at least half an hour while the old blokes gave preference to everyone coming from the front of the dome. They were literally letting maybe one or two cars through every five minutes.

My lesson from this - Park on the street, I'll save my money and won't have to wait 30 minutes to leave the stadium.

Reply #345470 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

We get a good crowd, ppl dont like the parking because of it!! Plenty of places to park and I will never pay $8 for a plot of grass for 3hrs.

Reply #345496 | Report this post

Hydra 90  
Years ago

$8 is ridiculous.

Always easy to park on Crittenden Rd.

Reply #345516 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Aren't most of the streets in close proximity to the stadium no parking zones when there are games on? I normally park on that corner block just up the left hand side of the stadium but that is just dirt ground and after the rain yesterday afternoon, I thought it might be a bit messy in there.

Reply #345537 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

LOL - who comes to a game barefoot?

Reply #345585 | Report this post

dylan  
Years ago

loco my surfie mate does hehe he gets away with it but didnt on weekend but we got in.

Reply #345687 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

We're getting above 6,000 with our W/L record? Melbourne, Sydney & Perth can talk all they like, but we're the basketball city in this country!

Reply #345785 | Report this post

SixersLover  
Years ago

I dont know about you guys, but i saw the carpark people come into the arena at like 1/4 time of the 36ers game. they looked like they had a hell of a time out side. The literally came in drenched in water. The stood out there in the rain for 3 hours! seriously cut them some slack!!

Reply #345930 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:30 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754