Anon
Years ago

Crocs vs Hawks, Jan 7

Can someone shed some light on why the crocs coach was ejected?? I turned the game on at midnight (as scheduled in our tv guide) and it was 3 mins into the third quarter. Thanks One HD!!

Topic #27250 | Report this topic

Just me  
Years ago

Gave M Aylen a spray!! So Aylen said don't try me, but he did...

Reply #345423 | Report this post

whitenoise  
Years ago

I thought that Gold Coast had the worst game loud music/announcer combo.

Think I was wrong, Hawks game OMG, loud music blaring, no understanding of the flow of the game, and the announcer constantly yelling.Let's play as many songs as we can in a quarter. The sad thing is that they will think they are doing a good job.

Reply #345430 | Report this post

Dooz  
Years ago

Basically Woolpert did his nana and had a right go at the ref. Went OFF. Aylen should have been miked up, so hopefully someone will clip it...

Reply #345432 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Looks like the ref over reacted big time on the second tech foul and THEN after being ejected Woolpert went off at him. Rightly so in my opinion. Umpies are untouchable and this shit about not being able to critisize them outside of games would get to coaches. The second tech should never have been called that early

Reply #345434 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Strange , at about a quarter past eleven , the tennis finished a little early , so they started the Basketball a little late in the game (about three minutes left of the first quarter ) to make up for it!?!

Reply #345454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In Townsville the game was shown from the beginning.

Reply #345455 | Report this post

Hermbert  
Years ago

whitenoise, you are 1000% correct. you should try listening to the same 90's pop with the odd new release every game for the last 11 years.

Reply #345457 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thanks everyone. I liked the commentators at the end saying the refs over reacted and that they need to be better at people management. I hope the nbl takes notice!

Reply #345460 | Report this post

Wooden spoon  
Years ago

Anyone have YouTube clip ?

Reply #345463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Karen Dalton has set a nasty precedence so id expect Aylen to be reffing Over 40 c grade women next week.
Seriously, the Refs should be off limits, there is no need to go public.
Dalton should have been finned.

Reply #345477 | Report this post

hah  
Years ago

Dalton didn't go after A ref. She critisied the policy of nor sharing.reds equally between nbl and wnbl. Basically calling it sexist. And it had been acknowledged and partially adjusted.

Reply #345488 | Report this post

imonawinner  
Years ago

so what we are saying is the best official in the league got it wrong!? he told the coach not to scream at him across the court & warns him. he turns to head back to position & as he is crossing the court,coach has another go & is teched. at this point he steps onto the court & tells him thats fucken bullshit while shaking a clenched fist at him. clearly an over reaction by the referee to give him another one & walk him. not saying coach wasn't making a valid point initially but he was warned & chose to ignore it.

Reply #345502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had the 3 refs demonstrated some sort of competence coach woolpert may not have been so upset to begin with.

there were some horrible calls and no-calls go against the crocs. this ineptitude, or dare I say it; bias, from the refs is what leads to these situations.

It's not just this game, at least 1 or 2 games each round are seriously affected by incompetent reffereeing.

Players and coaches have pleaded with the NBL for years to fix this problem. perhaps now we need a country wide unified enmass fan revolt to bring this to the brink and potentially reform and fix this issue.

Reply #345506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a crocs supporter and admit that woolpert went over board. But seriously can I blame him? And he oh went overboard after the second tech! He deserved the first one and that was it

Reply #345507 | Report this post

Juno 34  
Years ago

Watched the game 1st tech was justified and the 2nd one was a little quick. Woolpert went up to him swearing with fist clenched. CRAZY STUFF.
He's rubbed out automatically next match for the ejection aye???

Reply #345525 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Maybe the problem with the refs is we have an ex AFL umpire in charge. I think refs should be held accountable for performances at this level. Players and coaches are, why should they be any different?

Reply #345535 | Report this post

Triton 39  
Years ago

Woolpert was warned that's it, why would you argue about a warning when it's doing nothing more than being very clear to what is acceptable, even if you disagree what's the problem, it's that or a tech straight away.

The first tech was warranted as Aylen had warned, he turned his back then run across the court, Woolpert kept going so he teched him, now everyone watching is concentrating on this situation, so the coach went off again stepped off the coach and was aggressive, a further warning would be pointless as he doesn't take them serious so a technical foul is warranted and he is automatically ejected.

If Woolpert would have been quiet in the first placed and coached his team might have played a lot better prior to him being ejected.

And the commentator, mate can you please get over it and call the game, you made your point and the fact that you can understand what happens shows how narrow minded your thoughts are on the great game and who cares if you were thrown out by a female ref in the ABL.

Just get on with the game and showcase the talent playing on the court.

Reply #345542 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Hawks are probably lucky that third quarter isn't being further scrutinised because of the Woolpert distraction.

Reply #345571 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754