Isaac
Years ago

Grant named NBL Round 14 POTW

Had 23/12/4 at a high clip in a win against the Blaze.

Runners up were NZ's Jackson with 11/9/11 in a road win over the Tigers and Holmes with 13/16/7 against the Hawks.

Redhage had 19 and 7 in beating Melbourne at home.

Others considered for Player of the Week for Round 14 included Aaron Bruce (Sydney), Thomas Abercrombie (New Zealand), Andrew Warren (Cairns), Cameron Tragardh (Melbourne), Mark Worthington (Gold Coast) and Diamon Simpson (Adelaide).
Rightful winner this week?

Topic #27266 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

The decision is really based on what your preference in a player is.

I think PoTW will and always has been biased towards the scorers and the higher profile players in the league.

I personally think Holmes should have won it this week.

Reply #345700 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

You definitely have a case with his almost triple double.
I think Grant is the right decision though, beating a 'playoff team' after a week of turmoil after a beating by the 36ers.
Holmes puts those numbers up against the Blaze or any other top 4-5 team, he win POTW.

Reply #345707 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

most people equate POTW with "the guy who scored the most points this week"

Reply #345711 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

That's because every player who was won this season has been the guy who's scored the most points in the round, even if his other stats don't add up to those he beat out for the award.....

Reply #345779 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

But in saying that I can't argue with Grant winning the PotW award for Round 14. A double-double is hard to overlook (though in DJ and Diamon Simpson's case that fact is seemingly easy to overlook).

Reply #345780 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I feel CJ was 1 rebound away from POTW.
No way they would have overlooked a triple double.

Reply #345784 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

All I really wanted Holmes to do was a couple or three more assists for POTW.
Seems Batkovic won agen - 34 @ 63% and 11 , 4 2 & 2.

Reply #345903 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:45 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754