forcey
Years ago

How would you change up your teams starting lineup

The Wizards benched Blatche and Lewis today for some lesser lights (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2012011027) and got their first win of the year. Would you like to change your team's starting lineup?

I would

For the 36ers i'd like to try

PG- Warren
SG- Herbert
SF- Creek
PF- Simpson
C- Johnson

What about your team?

Topic #27279 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

My issue for the sixers is not who I start, but "how long to leave them on the floor".

Specifically: leave them on longer, leave them on while streaky, always make sure to have 2 of the 5 guys on the court that are decent defenders.

Sixers may not have a 10 deep team like a Perth or New Zealand, but they have a contender team together; just can't buy competant tactics for the coach.

Reply #345939 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

PG- Warren
SG- Ng
SF- Creek or Herbert (undecided)
PF- Simpson
C- Johnson

Reply #345955 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

PG- Warren
SG- Ng
SF- Johnson
PF- Simpson
C- Helliwell

and run a Chuck Daly type offensive transition and half court set. ie. first big down the floor goes to post then in half court set back screens from posts with each big

Reply #345963 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Helliwell call is a big one. He probably needs to forget about moving any more than about 3 feet away from the post to be effective.

Johnson at SF is an interesting call. He is so agile that he is hard to guard at Centre.

I think Creeky plays his best ball at SF, whereas the Ninja is definitely the guy you want shooting from the arc.

Reply #345966 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

I would feel 100x more comfortable to see Matt Burston starting next to Trigger when he comes back from injury. They really need someone else to help out on the boards!

PG Ubaka
SG Dorsey
SF Greer
PF Tragardh
C Burston

And they need another backup center on the bench to sit in Lang's spot. Tragardh at C does my head in...

Reply #345972 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

My team Lineup agree with ISAAC with Herbert in.If Ng gets more minutes his confidence and ability gets better,Helliwell is past used by date,hes another Cooper,loses ball every time he is in the key.Should have got someone like Tim Laing or Neil Mottram.Bartlett will improve in time,he weminds me of AL Green.

Reply #345973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For me the starting 5 for the Tigers;

PG: Ubaka
SG: Dillon
SF: Greer
PF: Tragardh
C: Burston (once back from injury)

Maybe coming off the bench would bring Dorsey back down to earth. He has been awful this season.

Reply #345977 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I think bringing Weigh off the bench (will never happen) might bring him down to earth in a similar fashion to Dorsey, as previously discussed. Might give him a bit of a wake up call..

Reply #345979 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Bartlett and Al in the same sentence. Wow, just wow.

For me :

Warren
Ng
Herbert
Simpson
Johnson

Ng provides no defense, but hopefully is run in a Rip Hamilton type role, rolling off screens, pick and pop etc. Herbert and Simpson are the ones providing the "grunt" defense.
Johnson is an interesting one, surely we could utilise his quickness a lot better than we do?

Just noticed that no one has Weigh starting. I think he would be an ideal sixth man. Sub in and provide whatever we are lacking at the time.

Reply #345983 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

My benching of Weigh is mostly about trying something different. Also can bring him on as a PF initially to save Helliwell being on much.

Reply #346000 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

For the Wildcats i like -
C - Nevill
PF - Knight
SF- Tovey
SG Lisch
Pg - Martin

Reply #346001 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

1/2- Ubaka / Dillon
3- Rush
4- Greer
5- Tragardh

I like Trigger at the 5, why change what's working? He is arguably the league MVP at the moment.

Greer is out there for the lockdown D, he get after the boards and knocks down open shots.

Rush can flat out play, let him be the scorer that Dorsey is failing to be at the minute.

Dillon and Ubaka can alternate who brings the ball up and who spots up on the 3pt line.

Reply #346003 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

With Trigger at the 5 the Tigers get out rebounded, I'd have him at the 4 so guys like Jackson can't waltz into the paint for easy layups.

Reply #346006 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

We made a tactical mistake . We should have signed Weigh before promising 30mins. Might be a good sixth man , when fit. I spose , since he's signed , he'll be around here in the offseason , playing CABL.
Warren Ng Herbert Simpson Johnson.

Reply #346024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree Mystro. The boards is a major issue for the Tigers.

The beauty of bringing Burston into the line up is he is the best role player in the league so Tragardh will still be the go to at the offensive end.

Although I don't know how many times I have watched the Tigers within a few points of there opposition, and Trigger doesn't touch the ball! He has to stand there and watch 3 after 3 sail over his head (and a lot of the time miss).

Reply #346051 | Report this post

Ain't no G  
Years ago

Glover
Coenraad
Forman
Catron
Davidson

I don't really feel like talking about it :-/ haha

Reply #346153 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

For the "faux" Sixers (ie the former Sixers)

1. Aaron Bruce (until tonight)
2. Brad Hill
3. Oscar Forman
4. Jacob Holmes
5. Luke Schenscher

Bench: Burston, Garlepp, Rychart, Madgen, Dowdell

Reply #346160 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:09 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754