Anon12
Years ago

Aaron Bruce broken leg, out for the season

Apparently broke his leg at training today. Interesting to see who (or if) the Kings bring in as a replacement.

Topic #27288 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If true very unfortunate.. He has been having a great year and I love watching him pass the Rick to the big boys in the paint.. Will be disappointing thats come to an end

Reply #346114 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

Article up on A Stern Warning has some confirmation, plus comments from Aaron Bruce.

A Stern Warning

Reply #346117 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tough timing for him and shame for the Kings too.

Reply #346120 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Awful news. Despite his erratic play, at times brilliant, others woeful, he has been impressive this season and will rue a missed opportunity to press for Boomers selection in an Olympic year.

Kings will definitely struggle if they cannot find a Mills-like replacement.

Reply #346123 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Sucks for Aaron as this was a bit of a breakout season for him, putting up his biggest numbers in all categories. Sydney will really struggle without him thats for sure.
Goodluck to him returning next season.

Reply #346127 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I am interested to see how Luke Cooper goes now. I think that guy is very under rated and now gets a proper chance.

Reply #346128 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hope he gets back fit and healthy ASAP.

Reply #346132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just terrible. had enjoyed watching him evolve this season. wishing him a speedy recovery also.

Reply #346146 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Dickel maybe?

Reply #346151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooper although a different PG will definitely step up no dramas and fill the void. Cooper is a great team leader. He has confidence back and should be fine to step up and play more minuteS

Reply #346154 | Report this post

Boss  
Years ago

robilliard sounds like he wont be getting a replacement "hoping the remaining members step up". if they dont they are going to struggle big time.

at least get a dickel type then replace ratzsch with someone more creative

Reply #346155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sucks for him, but he's over-rated imo for the NBL. He's got an inflated sense of his ability and an inflated sense of his monetary worth. Played great his freshman year at Baylor because they had no one after the Bliss debacle meant heavy sanctions. Then got recruited over and hardly had an impact.

If he's in Boomers contention, we've got issues with point guard development in Australia (I don't think we have...see Markovic, Martin, Gibson, Dellavedova, etc.). In short, Aaron Bruce is not a point guard.

And what's the obsession with Dickel/re-hashing old imports that were once reasonable successful in the NBL? They've gone and there's usually a good reason for it. Move on and stop living in the past.

Reply #346158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooper is not an NBL quality player. Sounds like a good locker room guy, and can bring energy in limited spells, although Cooper playing extended minutes means trouble for the Kings

Reply #346162 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Lindsay Tait or Dickel would be a good replacement for Bruce unless there are other experienced PG's without contracts?

Reply #346165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is terrible! Best of luck for a fast and full recovery to him.

Reply #346174 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Sad to hear about Aaron going down injured, hopefully he'll be ok soon as he really was having a good year.

Interesting to see how Cooper/Martin go now they don't have Bruce, i must say i like Cooper defensivly so it will be a big ask to run the team for him moving forwar but i hope he can do it.

Also this would be the perfect time to move on Raztch (sorry for the spelling) and go and get another scorer to play at the SG/PG position as Cooper is a pass first/defensive energy guy.

Reply #346175 | Report this post

Boss  
Years ago

anon i just cant think of a better avilable oz/kiwi point guard rplacement at the moment other than dickel.

hes old n hes not a star but he significantly helped the kings when he played as recently as last season.

Reply #346199 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

agree Boss, Dickel or Tait. Both have years of experience at a professional/international level and both are pass first PG's and won't cost a bomb. Fitchett would be another option as he can shoot the 3 at a decent clip.

Reply #346203 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Kwame Brown just went down for 3months for Golden State Warriors.

Any chance they look at Khazzouh again???

Also what is Mills up to??
Can he play for the Kings while he waits for NBA clearance?

Reply #346207 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/nba/01/12/trail.blazers.mills.ap/index.html?sct=nba_t2_a10

That's the latest Mills news I've seen.

Reply #346237 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

In fact here's a video of Patty telling people where he's at.

http://video-embed.oregonlive.com/services/player/bcpid619299305001?bctid=1386654476001

Reply #346238 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I agree Anon, cooper is not nbl standard. I hope he proves me wrong but I think Bruce being out is going to really hurt the kings.

Reply #346317 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:30 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754