Sawmeinhalf
Years ago

Phil's magic acts

Every time Sixers fans start bagging management for not recruiting any of the plethora of free agents Phil seems to pull a rabbit out of the hat. eg, signing Farley for last season.

So what's the speculation for him pulling something from left field for the coming season?

What about Schensher(?). Some think he's too light for the NBA. Is he a good possibility to replace Rees?

Any thoughts?

Topic #2730 | Report this topic

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

sure, if he'd like to earn less than he made in college!

Reply #30773 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Yeah Luke would be earning petty cash coming back here.

Reply #30775 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They'd have to lose Farley to have a chance with Schenscher, and I think Luke would wait and see what happens in the draft. I don't think that there are going to be any big surprises this year.

Hopefully the slightly improved roster and the fact that these guys have played together before means that they'll be competitive in the coming season.

Reply #30777 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Luke would have earned nothin in college. You are not allowed to. Even Bogut had a job as a waiter.

He will most likely get a stint in Europe. Lower div clubs still pay better than the NBL.

Reply #30783 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

it was a joke doc.

Reply #30784 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Shit. Sorry Lloyd...

Reply #30798 | Report this post

Chopper  
Years ago

Luke might want to return to his roots at the Willunga District Basketball Association, Wednesday night social competition.

Reply #30809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that would be sweet, then put on tiger top Sat night

Reply #30810 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Where would the harm be in chucking Luke a 2005/2006 contract with some numbers on it (what the 6ers can afford)????

Best case scenario is he says 'wait until the draft, and then I'll let you know'. Worst case, a 'nope'.

Luke best chance is being draft in the bottom section of round 2, and then spending time in Europe. At least a NBA team owns his rights.

What sort of points would be allocated to Luke if he returned to Australia????

Reply #30829 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

He would be high on points (I think?) coz he has been/is in the Boomers squad.

I agree though, no harm in trying. With our bench atm, we might have some room on points.

Reply #30830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers would get him 25pts and 15 rbs :-)

Reply #30833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He wont be coming back home for a while.

Reply #30871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the sixers always go back to previous players who have been with the club.

e.g were going after nash again

why dont the sixers ever sign good fresh faces. apart from a few there have been very few first time sixers players for ages

Reply #30924 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Is Wheeler signed for this year? He would make a nice combo with Coops

Reply #30936 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:25 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754