Bizzy
Years ago

Social Ball

Does anyone know where you can play social Mixed bball?

What night is it on?

Topic #2732 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

I meant to put in open age group.

Reply #30787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tuesday nights at Marion

Reply #30795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sunday nights at Pasadena.

Reply #30817 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Any idea how many girls you need to have in the team is it 2 at Pasadena? And that's seniors isn't it?

Reply #30819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marion you must have a mix.. On court there must always be 3 guys 2 girls or 2 guys 3 girls.

Reply #30820 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

So I'm assuming it's the same at Pasadena? 3 guys 2 girls is all good.

Reply #30822 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

i think wayville thursday nights as well same as above minimum 2 girls on court at all times

Reply #30823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pasadena you have to have 2 girls, 3 guys for the first half and 3 girls, 2 guys for the second half.

Reply #30858 | Report this post

r-diddy  
Years ago

I think a very important difference in mixed social at Marion and mixed social at Pasadena is, at Marion, each player is only allowed to score 12 points a game until the whole team has scored 12 each and then it begins all over again. At Pasadena there are no scoring limits. I think it's pretty important as the Marion rule sucks!

Reply #30876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And why do you think that rule is implemented? It gives everyone a fair go. That way a team is not over run by 1 or 2 dominant player(s). Although I still believe the rule should be changed to 12 points per half. So in a whole game one player is able to score 24 points. In a mixed social game that's more than enough.

Reply #30877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree.. 12 points is just not enough.. Once you score 12 you just run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, wondering why you paid $7.50 for this!... There's absolutely nothing you can do in offence - not even drive and dish cos everyone know's you can't score.
12 a HALF would be perfect.

Reply #30878 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

Actually ur wrong,r diddy, at pasadena, you are only allowed to score 12 points a half, so 24 for the game. And yes, its 3 guys, 2 girls first half, 3 girls 2 guys second half. Guys jump at first half, girls at second.
For more information contact Pasadena on 08 8374 4818 or email [email protected]

Reply #30879 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Do they have that stupid rule where guys arnt allowed into the key?

Reply #30893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha where do they have that rule? But no at marion that rule does not apply.

Reply #30916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They guys just aren't allowed to block girls. Though some a-holes ie Sam Voisy play really rough on girls!

Reply #31028 | Report this post

Louisa  
Years ago

hey i was just wondering if there was someone I could email or ring about the marion mixed social bball? cos im interested in entering a team and I was also wondering whether you could email me a copy of the different rules?

Reply #68461 | Report this post

Holly  
Years ago

Please let me know who I can contact about mixed social basketball so I can find out when the season starts and how I can get a team involved.

I dont mind whether it is pasadena, marion or wayville...

Any help would be greatly appreaciated, thanks :D

Reply #79362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ring the stadiums during office hours.

Mixed for Marion is on Tuesday night, Pasadena has mixed Sunday night and I'm not sure about Wayville.

Reply #79363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unley Life Be In It is a great place to play senoirs social ball or mixed. Sunday arvos,monday night wemans,tuesday night mens weds night also mixed and also for u10,u12,u14,u16 boys or girls mixed or not is saturday morning to arvo. For more info call in office hours 82722121

Reply #208782 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:27 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754