Anonymous
Years ago

Ubaka an upgrade on Warren?

Just thinking, would Ubaka be an upgrade on Warren for the 36ers?

I dont mind Warren, he is a great shooter and im sure will develop into a great pro player but at the moment Ubaka would be the better play maker, defender and is bigger and stronger, would anyone want the change made?

Topic #27327 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

He'd be an upgrade, but there's no real point if the rest of the team isn't putting him.

He may be better at setting up the open shot and have more versatility but in the end the rest of the team needs to step up as well. Can't get an assist without the guy on the other end of the pass making a shot.

Frankly we're an offensive team, if our guys could hit 40% of their shots at least, then we'd win every game regardless of the defense.

Reply #346708 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

As soon as I saw the report on Ubaka and the Tigers parting company I somehow knew this thread would crop up LOL.

I honestly can't see the 36ers going after Ubaka at this stage although I wouldn't be surprised if they did sound him out at least. But since he's an import it would mean releasing either Simpson or more than likely Warren and I wouldn't release either TBH. After a few imports gone wrong in recent times Simpson and Warren are definite keepers IMO and along with DJ have been the stand outs for the 36ers this season.

If it was Warren who was out with injury and not Croz then sure I'd go after Ubaka but as it stands, I wouldn't if it were up to me.

But its not up to me is it...

Reply #346724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hell no warren is much better shooter/player/distributor than ubaka!! ubaka launches junk as anyone could see during the blaze game! if he isnt hitting his shots he is a liability.

Reply #346727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hellooo moooooooooooney? Anyone heard of it? wonder why you're not good? You've got no money.

Pay peanuts = get monkeys.

Reply #346728 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

I am a Warren fan and believe that he is young and can grow with this club. Sure his shooting of late isnt flash but I think he isnt far away from going off. Definately should judge both imports at years end but I would keep both and say adios to Ballinger , herbert & daly.Frees up some points and build around Johnson , Simpson , creek , Warren.

Reply #346729 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

No..Clark would get hold of him, deminish his natural game and turn him into a 5point game player.

Reply #346741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Skud -

I thought you wrote 5 spot player!! Then I realized it is Marty, and that is possible!

Reply #346742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id sign Warren to a contract extension. Ubaka is decent at 26, Warren is already decent (arguably better) at 23 and has the chance to be a star.

Reply #346767 | Report this post

forcey  
Years ago

Eddie Shannon- 9.6pts at 38%, 2.5reb, 4.4ast, 1.4stl

Chris Warren-15.4pts at 40%, 2.5reb, 3.3 ast, 0.6stl

Sorry, on that Warren shouldn't be returning in 2012-2013. A defensive minded, pass-first PG with leadership skills and toughness is a must for next year.

Reply #346848 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Holding onto Warren & Simpson for that matter has tied up 2 import spots and has stopped the team looking for a Ballinger quality replacement overseas.

Reply #346893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ubaka would be cheaper as his contract for next year is still being paid out by the Tigers

Reply #357871 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Warren has the potential to be an offensive star, but defensively he is woeful. Unless Clarke thinks he can make serious progress with him in the off-season I dont think the Sixers can afford to bring him back unless the rest of their signings are gun defenders.

Reply #357882 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:13 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754