Happy Days
Years ago

Tigers Ownership

Are the Tigers solely owned by Seamus McPeake or are there silent partners in the business? If there are other partners in the business surely they must have a say and what about there CEO.Never hear him ever make public comment.

Topic #27331 | Report this topic

Vart  
Years ago

The Tigers are definitely not 100% owned by Seamus, and never have been.

There are various figures floating around about how much of the team he owns, the general consensus is around 48-49%, but not having a clear 51% majority.

The NBL tried to bring in new rules about team ownership following the demise of Sydney and Brisbane who were both owned by one single person. The rules were supposed to be (and I say 'supposed' as I believe they have relaxed them depending on each teams circumstances) that each team needed a minimum of four owners, and no one person could own more than 40% of the team.

Reply #346800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Dodo own a fair percentage of the team. I remember his dummy spit after BA took over the NBL when for a short period he quit and then a few weeks later re-installed himself as 'media spokesman' or something and then not long after back to being CEO again.

Reply #346812 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

Vart; McPeake bought out the smaller share holders years ago. He is now the majority holder, with one other oerson holding a smaller share. So unfortunately he calls the shots.

Reply #346813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure Vart is right that McPeake doesn't own a majority share of the Tigers anymore and Dodo are part-owners.

Reply #346815 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

he has 2 'yes' man within the ownership group

Reply #346817 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

If either MK or Mr Black are right, them shame on the NBL from going away from their ownership structure plans.

Reply #346820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My understanding is that McPeake owns 26% with another 'yes man' of his owning 25% therefore giving him the controllong interest.

Reply #346824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There have always been silent owners who arent too fussed what McPeake does as long as the team wins and they dont lose too much money.

Reply #346830 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

The Tigers no longer have an ownership group. As mentioned earlier, they were bought out by Seamus years ago.
Anon, the other silent owners you speak of is essentially 1 other guy that holds a considerable share, but still not as big as Seamus. So as i said, Seamus calls the shots.

Reply #346833 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Larry Kestelman & Michael Slepoy (Dodo) hold shares, are they the yes men?. Gazes have minority shares.

Reply #346838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All I know is if I were running the junior program, I wouldn't want there to be any affiliation with them until Seamus pulls his head in. Gives the whole place a bad name.

Reply #346843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dodo guys are minority shares that basically have no say. Seamus has the Lite n Easy guy and the guy with the goatee that sits near him at the games in his large back pocket and they do whatever he says, giving him total control. you dont hear from a CEO because seamus is basically the CEO

Reply #346844 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

annon above^ correct... Cliff from Lite n Easy and Grant is the one with the goatie. both owners that serve as his 'yes' man

Reply #346880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so then when is seamus going to start eating lite n easy ?

Reply #346894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No need to pick on Seamus for his weight. Thats poor form.
Seamus is a hard nosed business man and Ubaka was clearly underperfroming as is Dorsey. AS is the team.
There would be a non performance clause in Ubaka's contract and Seamus utilsed that.
If Ubaka wants to challenge the way it happened, go for it.
Come back to Autsralia from the next job you have, probably numerous times, hire a lawyer that you will need and spend money on a case you will never win.

Reply #346935 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Ah yes, Cliff Gale from Lite n Easy. Makes sense.

What is the story behind the goatie guy (Grant)? Have seen him on in the stands for years on TV.

Reply #347360 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:15 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754