Isaac
Years ago

Tigers sign Shane McDonald

Tigers have signed Shane McDonald to replace Ayinde Ubaka. As Anstey said on Twitter, they could use that import spot for a big now.

Topic #27337 | Report this topic

Ushiro  
Years ago

Found a bit of extra info here

http://andthefoul.net/archives/2733

Reply #346888 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Isaac, do you really think a combo of Daniel Dillon and Shane McDonald is reason enough to then get an import big?

Shane is definitely talented but he needs time to adjust to the speed of the NBL.

Most of all they need a shooter - consider that Ubaka hit 30/81 from three (37%) and Mills hit 24/69 (35%). The rest of the team, ie what is left, is 74/266 (28%)!

A guard who can shoot and pull in 5-6 rebounds a game is what they need. Any thoughts?

Reply #346916 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Tigers will struggle...

Reply #346918 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

They need a 1 and a 5.Problem is which one do they need more?Keep Mcdonald and get a 5 or get an import 1 and keep getting smashed on the boards????

Reply #346924 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Unless it's a per game contract, why even sign him and double up on guards if the plan is to get another? Also, I said could, not should. ;)

Reply #346926 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I hear Seamus is gonna suit up, wants to "show the lazy sods how it's done!"
I can't imagine anything funnier.

Reply #346928 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

If there was a 'Mike Kelly' type player running around in the ABA right now, that would be what u want. A defensive 2 / 3 who can shoot & does the team things with effort. Shane Mac is a good player but is not the answer for the Tigers!

I was praying on Mills to make a return to spice it up a bit - i think Trevs job depended on it!!

By the time S mac finds his feet & learns Trevs systems (god knows what they are - i think the rest of the squad are still trying to work them out as well) their season is over!

They need a gun import NOW or the Tigers are finished for 2012 - can't see it happening...

Reply #346934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Josh Wilcher adds a few more splinters to his butt.

Reply #346939 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I hear ya Isaac! But really, they were a guard short before cutting Ubaka, someone like McDonald was needed as soon as Mills left.

Reply #346941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.mailtimes.com.au/news/local/sport/basketball/shane-mcdonald-to-cameo-for-melbourne-tigers/2423955.aspx

Reply #346948 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

man are they serious about long term development of Wilcher? btw McDonald's pretty good pick up, NBL caliber IMO

Reply #346953 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Don't understand why you'd have a development player who'll never play NBL. Too small by far.

Reply #346965 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Quincy Henderson was a Mike Kelly type the last few seasons.

Reply #346994 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Interesting thing will be if Shane plays well will they chase home for next year

Reply #347003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilcher is talented enough to make it in the NBL. Just needs time. Shane should be in the NBL and is definitely upto the standard. Just had a few years out. Hopefully he adjusts smoothly

Reply #347140 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:43 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754