puppy
Years ago

Where'd Chris Molitor go?

Obviously a gun, made an nbl 10 man roster as a very young player, not many young guys can do this, most college returnees struggle for example.

Why did he leave the game? AFL havent picked him up, could sixers look to get him home or would an interstate club be more realistic? I rated him as a player and he deserved more minutes.

Topic #27338 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

My understanding is he's playing Amateur league footy out at SMOSH/West Lakes this year....

Reply #346914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't he have a crack with the Eagles in the SANFL?

Did this not work out if he's shifting to the above Amateur League club?

Reply #346925 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"made an nbl 10 man roster as a very young player, not many young guys can do this"

Did he actually make the 10 man roster? I thought he was a development player and perhaps was in the squad due to other people getting injured. I can't even remember him playing more then a handful of minutes.

He made the right choice to pursue football

Reply #346929 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

had the body of Adonis but the heart of Betty Boo

Reply #346930 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It seemed (then) BA/newNBL tried something different.
One player , under 23 in the 10man roster.(Molitor)
Maher retired , Davidson was wondering whether to go around for another season or not. Brad Hill missed out on being under 23 by a coupla weeks.
By age 23 a lot still at college , so they made it under24 , the next season , then scrapped it, the season after.

Reply #346933 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He was the under 23 in the 10 man roster.

Reply #346951 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

That is right. cheers for clearing that up

Reply #346979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Molitor might've played a couple of SANFL reserves games with West Adelaide. I know he trained with Essendon for a bit but they didn't go on with it.

Hoban plays for the Eagles in the SANFL.

Reply #346982 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Chris Molitor was playing with the West Adelaide Bloods in 2011, though he didn't get out of the reserves. Not sure what he's doing in 2012 though. Rumor had him playing for Salisbury North in SAAFA D1 but he's not listed as a recruit on their website. I know he's not at Westies though.

According to the Bloods website last season Molitor is 204cm (6'9"). Must admit though when I saw him last year I didn't realise that he was an NBL background, though at his height I'm not surprised.

Reply #346996 | Report this post

bearcat  
Years ago

he will be back for the west adelaide ABL men this year.

add him to Blake, Josh Knight and the rumoured Daniel Johnson, makes them pretty big

Reply #347001 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

After Molitor left the 36ers , I noticed Daniel Johnson , who at 22 years was signed by the
36ers ( Clarke ) for 2 years as the nominated NBL Young Australian Player for 2 years .
Later , the YAP Rule - one u24 player in the 10 team roster was dropped.

Reply #347004 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i heard that he hated the coach why would he then go back to the same coach?

Reply #347024 | Report this post

Onion man  
Years ago

I've heard rumours he is touring the world showing his skills at being able to eat a single weet bix in one minute ....try it harder then it looks ...

Reply #347331 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:09 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754