Tyrell
Years ago

Benny Lewis' future in the NBL

Last season this guy showed so much promise and this season he is back to square one barely getting a minute- has trevor gleeson's arrival spelt the end for benny? I hope not because he def has some talent!!

Topic #27343 | Report this topic

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Benny is a waste of talent...he can score but lacks effort at the defensive end so unless that improves it'll be hard for him to ever be more than junk minutes guy!

Reply #347034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has played decent minutes lately and done ok, needs to improve d further

Reply #347037 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

He's got the hops but where are you going to play him? Can't dribble well enough to be a guard, not strong enough to be a forward, so maybe SG is the only spot he could play.

Reply #347038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a streetballer.. best way to describe him, playing too much pickup has impacted his game.

Reply #347046 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Playing with Waverley in the Big V this coming season.

Reply #347053 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

They be tough again this year!

My smoky will be Corio on back of Williams

Reply #347056 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

as mentioned above, can't handle the ball. if he can with some size and strength he can go as high as NBA, definitely has the talent. the guy has massive hops

Reply #347060 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I guess with him it will all come down to his desire to play at NBL level plus putting on about 15 Kilos would help!

Reply #347068 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Yeah Corio will be alright I reckon. That being said I think it will be a 3peat for the Falcons.

I wonder if Lewis signing for Waverley and not the Tigers Big V team means he is on his way out from Melbourne.

Reply #347071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he's going to Waverley expect a huge improvement in his game, their coach is superb when it comes to improvement in players.

Reply #347078 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

Waverley coach is terrible. just stacks up the team, the players on the ABA team don't exactly respond to him but more towards their point guard.

Tigers ABA has changed direction and will not likely feature NBL players anymore

Reply #347084 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

IMO not anywhere near the talent of his father and living off the family name. Always looks to me like he is not really interested.

Reply #347086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're spot on MK. The Waverley players ignore him and just do what they want! (their words not mine). So as a result, he looks good.

Lewis would be better trying to get to SEABL team so he is playing and training at a higher standard year round.

Unfortunately I don't think there is hope for him. It seems like he doesn't want to make any improvements and keeps making the same stupid mistakes.

Reply #347088 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Needs to get out of his comfort zone and get himself to Wollongong, Cairns or Townsville who have senior players with international experience and can have a positive influence on him. Thought he should have bolted during the last pre-season.

Reply #347094 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

love to see him in cairns next season.....fearney will get some defence out of him!!

Reply #347101 | Report this post

holla  
Years ago

Who else does Waverley have? I know this isn't a Waverley forum but just curious since it has been bought up.

Reply #347107 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I hear Dillon is back there together with Ivan and usual suspects....good luck to the getting the 3 peat.

Reply #347110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah they ignore their coach and they win back to back, why don't more people do that then.

Reply #347111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blennerhassett coached Waverley the last 2 seasons, it pretty common knowledge he's the brains behind waverley, not the coach.

Reply #347115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the difference between Big V and SEABL?

I always assumed they were the same thing and Big V was just a nickname or something for the SEABL.

Reply #347131 | Report this post

holla  
Years ago

BigV is just within Victoria while SEABL has regional teams and includes Canberra, Tas and Brisbane.

Reply #347147 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

good to see benny get 9 minutes tonight!

Reply #347171 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:08 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754