what the
Years ago

do we need lights on back boards?

saw neon lights around the back boards flash for 24 sec violation and end of quarter

it would be easier for refs to see the flashing neon lights around the edge of a transparent back board - than hear the 24 sec shot buzzer at rowdy games

it also is easier to keep a field of vision in allowing last second goals counting or not

bring it on - i say !

Topic #2736 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

that was watching nba game on espn

Reply #30887 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I agree that it must be easier than just listening for a sound. BUT why have the NBA than introduced with it the ability for ref's to check the video replay (at the end of a quarter) to see if a basket is good or not.

I imagine there would be a LARGE cost involved for something that dosn't get used all that much.

Reply #30889 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

we put 24 sec timers above the boards - only a boit of wiring needed - could hook them up to the flashing beacons as well

at wayville we have miised hearing the clock when reffing because of the rucus at times

Reply #30890 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Great Idea, makes it easier for the refs and looks cool too.

Reply #30944 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:32 pm, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754