Anonymous
Years ago

Nash - Lakers

Lakers made a trade in the off season to get Chris Paul which didn't work out, and still to this day there is talk about them getting D Howard.

Why don't they try for Nash?

I mean he is a 2 time MVP, former all star, still playing great basketball!

The suns are going to be lucky to make the playoffs this year, and should really start to rebuild, and as long as Kobe is at the lakers they are going to be in the playoff hunt, but who knows how far they could go with this line up at the moment

by adding Nash they get another scorer, and fantastic playmaker, and one of if not the best shooter in the game today/ever!

Thoughts?

Topic #27362 | Report this topic

tropical booz  
Years ago

Trade for metta Worldpeace!!

Reply #347390 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

They could try trading for MWP, but i would say they wouldn't want him..
In fact, the way he is shooting, I don't think a lot of teams would want him.

I would imagine the Lakers would want someone like Bynum..

BUT, given Nash will probably only play one more season after this one, the Lakers would be unwilling to give away such a young guy with so much potential for one season of Nash.

Reply #347391 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Meant to be Suns*

Reply #347393 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Phoenix prob should have traded Nash a few years ago when he was worth a 'Bynum'. He's not now. I thought New York would have tried to team up Nash, Stoudy & Anthony in an attempt to win one b4 Nash calls it a day. I'd love to see Nash go to a contender for one last crack. Kobe would score 50 a game if LA can get him!!

Reply #347429 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Nash is a ball dominator, like Kobe, so I doubt it would work...

Reply #347444 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

How about a deal that looked like this.

LA Gets

Steve Nash and Hakim Warrick

Phoenix Gets

Pau Gasol and Darius Morris

LA get their point guard and a big to help compensate for the loss of Gasol and Phoenix get an Allstar big to pair with Gortat and Morris as well as a young exciting point guard. Keep in mind Aaron Brooks is back soon and can assume the starting position atleast for now. Phoenix are likely to pick up a lottery pick in which there are some decent point guards.

Reply #347446 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:58 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754