Isaac
Years ago

Crocs vs Hawks, Jan 21

Game thread for anyone wanting to discuss the game. Scores level just after half-time. Crocs depth might see them through.

Topic #27365 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

hawks with a good chance to take the very unlikely road double

Reply #347403 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Until Gill hits the shot to win the game! Would have been a great game to watch.

The Townsville fans have been lucky to have two great games in a week where they were the winners.

Looks like there is life in the Hawks after all and if they are able to secure Ubaka or another quality import then Clarke better look out as the Hawks might be sending his team down a spot.

Reply #347406 | Report this post

kanda  
Years ago

wasnt all that great a game to watch. full credit to the hawkes for coming out the way they did. a little disappointed with the way the crocs played. thought they would blow the hawkes away considering they are one player short and would of had a hellova game last night against cairns. hope they continue form and cause the top teams (apart from my crocs :) ) hell. they should be very pleased with their efforts tonight :)

Reply #347419 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Is that boxscore correct? Townsville didn't shoot one free throw for the whole game?

Reply #347433 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Yes no FTA. Was asking elsewhere if this has ever happened before. I can't remember ever seeing this.

Reply #347440 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I was away for the weekend for work... Can anyone who saw the game explain why there were no crocs free throws? Were they just being passive or was it an officiating thing? Seems pretty strange to me...

Since the Gleeson era, the crocs have never been a team to blow lesser teams away for some reason. It's a bit worrying but hopefully all this work in the trenches pays off when they need to pull out a tough playoff victory...

Reply #347443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs last week had 43 FTA against Sydney in 2OT and none last night... ZERO ZIP NADA NIL

I was reading on their twitter that that is a new NBL all time record and is something that has NEVER happened in the NBA or Euroleague!

Paul Woolpert said in the press conference that in about 1000 NBA games that he has scouted and another 500 he has coached, he has never seen a team not shoot a single FT!

Roger Sheils reffed the game.

Reply #347512 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Townsville

• Michael Cedar (8)
  • Elvin Mims (6)
  • Ben Allen (6)
  • Todd Blanchfield (5)
  • Chris Cedar (1)
  • Eddie Gill (-2)
  • Peter Crawford (-4)
  • Jacob Holmes (-5)
  • Luke Schenscher (-5)

Wollongong
  • Larry Davidson (10)
  • Rhys Martin (6)
  • Mat Campbell (5)
  • Oscar Forman (3)
  • Glen Saville (-6)
  • Tim Coenraad (-8)
  • Tyson Demos (-9)
  • Joevan Catron (-11)

Reply #347646 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:24 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754