Anonymous
Years ago

Who is getting season tickets next year?

I'm out, I'm done. Unless major changes occur....this realisation has made me really sad.

Thanks Marty.

Topic #27373 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I reckon I'll still end up forking out the cash changes or no changes.

I simply love the game of basketball and hitting the BMC Arena instead of the crowded beach.

It'll be slow and painful though if it's an encore.

Reply #347536 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I will too, I figure it can't get any worse and if you can't go any further down, the only other direction is up. I'll stick it out a bit longer. Besides, worst case scenario, one more year of Clarke.

Reply #347546 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Clark stays I will relinquish my seats to someone else and hope to come back when they finally remove him.
I will watch a bad team, I wont watch an ok team badly coached.

Reply #347550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't be bothered anymore. The club has lost its soul and I doubt if they can find it again.

BTW Today marked two years since Chris Fuss was arrested.

Reply #347553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont have season tickets but i attend most games, lately I have lost my passion and have only attended a couple this year. Clarke frustrates me, the team hasnt been relevant for years now and I honestly cant remember what year it was we last had a playoff victory?

Ive loved the team since I was a kid, dreamed of playing for them and have so many great memories provided by this club. I just find losing all the time really boring, and games seem like they go so fast now there 10 min quarters. The coach has no personality, the team has good players but nobody with that wow factor. Simpson is great but guys like Rose, Trimmingham, Hodge, Brooks, Mee made me feel like sixers basketball was must see, I only get that feeling these days watching opposition players.

Reply #347560 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

How many continuous encores of mediocracy would you like?

I'm more curious to know how many hoop posters are season ticket holders or attend more games then they miss?

I suspect most season ticket holders, self included, are eternal optimists and regardless of how continously poor a team's performance, they prefer to stay faithful in the hope things will turn around.

I recall Clarke talking about 'changing the culture' when he arrived at the club. I'm now curious just what this meant exactly, as I believe members, although peripheral to what happens on the court, contribute to a club's culture.

To date, my perception of Marty Clarke is that he has little interest in engaging with the members. This might explain the lack of success at home. How long has it been since he spoke at the post game interview? Credit to Scott Ninnis, he interacted with the members, even when things were bad.

Reply #347564 | Report this post

vertigo  
Years ago

It sits in the back of my mind week in week out, but you know? Ive been through many clubs, and 3 of which have gone belly up. (IOOF Supercats, Victoria Titans and Victoria Giants)
Whats another year of great disappointment?

I just get plastered now before tip off so the feeling is numbed down when we do lose.

Reply #347566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont have season tickets but i attend most games, lately I have lost my passion and have only attended a couple this year. Clarke frustrates me, the team hasnt been relevant for years now and I honestly cant remember what year it was we last had a playoff victory?

Last playoff victory was 2002, the championship year.

Been a decade since we last won a playoff game.

Reply #347567 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Question: have the fans taken to booing the coach an players a la the a-league and soccer fans do? Interesting to know for those that don't attend the games. I think that will be the ultimate lowpoint for the club, but heck i totally agree with the fact that the ball club isn't going anywhere at the moment.

Reply #347571 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Big Ads, good point about Ninnis. Furthermore, Ninnis always took some responsibility about the loss. Clarke has yet to take any responsibility for any loss and has always blamed the players. To me this shows little respect for the fans and to his players.

A real leader would admit to his mistakes and learn from them. Neither of those Clarke does.

Reply #347573 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

never got them
when you live 160 kms away its a bit hard
besides if you collect enough two for one tickets out the entertainment booklets it can cost half price all year

shouldve signed farley after the hoops tournament
spoke to him and he said he wouldve loved to come back again, really liked it here

Reply #347615 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

2 years of letting Ninnis continue would have been more enjoyable than watching 2 years of Clark. Ninnis would have atleast learnt something in that time and as stated above he took responsibility. Ninnis I was really sad to see that he wasnt able to perform and watching him get sacked really did suck. He didnt have the team or chances Clark has had..but had integrity and respect for the clubs players and members.
Clark I will not feel one instant of regret if he is sacked immediately, I have no respect for him as a person or as a coach.

Reply #347621 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Bit harsh although I agree with most of it.

I just hope that we have a club next year. The owners might decide to do what the Perth Glory owner is doing and hand back the licence becuase of fan abuse re the team performance so we don't have a team so you won't have to worry about if you spend your hard earnt or not!

Reply #347627 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Held my seat since BMC opened all those years ago. Must say Sunday marked a low point for my feelings about the club. Im now not terribly interested in the team until we find someone who can use the talent we have. I still hope we do well and will continue to wish the team well.. but my interest has dropped dramatically knowing (IMHO) that it's going to continue like this with no action. Sad times.

Reply #347628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wouldn't boo, and anyway with Marty's arrogance in thinking he's not responsible he wouldn't believe we were booing him.

Reply #347632 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

ill be there but hell changes have to happen

Reply #347634 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

I know that using capitals is considered yelling however:

THE CLUB, EITHER IN THE FORM OF LEANNE GRANTHAM OR A REPRESENTATIVE OF SOS, NEED TO COME OUT AND MAKE A PUBLIC STATEMENT IN THE FORM OF SUPPORT FOR CLARKE'S POSITION OR AN ANNOUNCEMENT AS TO THE FUTURE DIRECTION OF THE 36ERS. SILENCE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. 36ERS FANS DESERVE AN EXPLANATION. THE CLUB IS LOSING IT'S SUPPORTER BASE AND IS PERCEIVED AS BEING WEAK IN NOT DEALING WITH THE SITUATION IN A POSITIVE MANNER.

Reply #347659 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

When does that ever mean anything though? How often does an expression of support precede a sacking?

You can already read enough from the comments made in the media that they expect more and think they have given him enough to show ability to coach to wins (e.g., not necessarily beating NZ in NZ, but getting Cairns in their second game of a two-game round should be happening).

It'd surely be an issue of cost, but if they come out and say "Sorry, we are running to a strict budget, put up with him." would that impact future recruitment of players or coaches? Really, Marty should be making more public comments and assurances than he is. Should've been dragged through media training until he picked it up.

Reply #347663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last playoff victory was 2002, the championship year.

Been a decade since we last won a playoff game.

I need to correct myself here in 2003 we lost to Perth 2-1 in the QF's so our last playoff victory was 2003.

Reply #347667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But had to come back from 26 down in the fourth to win that one!!!

Reply #347676 | Report this post

Singlets  
Years ago

How can you expect anyone to come out and say anything.

The club says we support him and everyone on here says well thats crap and i am not supporting them any more (very fickle)

The club say he is sacked and the poor new person would get one week on here and then he would be scrutinised in every way, if not before his first game.

The club says they cannot afford to sack him and everyone jumps up and down because they want SOS to put in the hundreds of thousands while threatening to withdraw their season tickets.

I have been a season ticket holder for 6 years, love the game and the club and as frustrated and shattered as I was last night I cannot just stop supporting them because we are not winning.Surely we are just as bad if we jump off put the club under more financial strain then come running back when things are going well again no matter who is in charge ??

Reply #347682 | Report this post

forcey  
Years ago

This my first year with season tix since our 2nd title of the Smyth era (was in Vic for 6 of those years). It's a good night out but continual losing stinks. You buy tix in good faith the team is trying to win but there's several things they aren't doing to ensure that. Will weigh it up during the offseason.

Reply #347702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only if Clarke isn't coaching!

Reply #347715 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

The way I look at it is this , Its better to have the 36ers around than not and without us members thats going to happen so go through the hard times and it makes the good times sweeter. obviously money plays a part but at the end of the day if you are passionate about the club you will renew. Who really remembers the dunlap years or Fox years. If supporters jumped off then we wouldnt have had the success later so u gotta take the good with the bad , but thats just my thoughts. I love the club - always have and always will right from the apollo days to now.

Reply #347914 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:06 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754