Anonymous
Years ago

NBL "Green with envy"

Interesting article in the age regarding future NBL expansion.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/green-men-cant-jump-20120121-1qbhu.html

Topic #27385 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

Good article. And obvious points about making sure that the future of the league is built around sensible and suitable owners where the aim is for a long term investment in the league.

Frankly I think the quality of games has been excellent; but the quantity needs to go up and that can only be done with more rounds and more teams.

Personally I would love the competition to get back to a Top 8 finals rotation. However that would require at least 12-14 teams. That wouldn't happen for a long time and honestly would require a Tran-Tasman competition with several NZ based teams.

Reply #347811 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I agree with Heal's assessment of doing things slowly and not rushing in any expansion teams. Long term planning, like the NBA or AFL, is critical.

Reply #347924 | Report this post

buck  
Years ago

Just a note on basketball in Melbourne. Just been to tennis again this year and was wondering if the soon-to-be revamped Margaret Court Arena (with retractable roof) will be used by tigers once built, or possibly the 2nd team (if given go-ahead)? It will have capacity of 7500 I think.

It would be good to have basketball back in the centre of melbourne.

Reply #348290 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754