Sickofit
Years ago

Radford, you're a disgrace

This is the fourth time this year that Radford has caused issues in a game and finally it caught up with him. The unfortunate thing is it cost the sixers an opportunity at victory, something they desperately needed.
Radford has caused issues in perth where he abused assistant sean dennis, in adelaide where he has abused moose from sydney and an altercation with cairns jamar wilson and now this.
I believe the club needs to publicly sanction him but as you can see in the press, marty and radford have shunted the blame like they normally do. I'm sick of this shit!!

Topic #27390 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What did he do?

Reply #347853 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

who'd wanna be a moderator eh?

Reply #347856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/sixers-fume-at-mystery-foul-culprit/story-e6frect3-1226251807565

That should explain it all....

Reply #347861 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"All I can say is we're not sure if it was Mark (Radford) or a player, going on what the coaches have said," Grantham said.

Great to see the coaches take responsibility for it. The coaching staff has never taken any responsibility for the teams performance and now they can't even take responsibility for Radfords actions.

If it was a player then the coach should have said it was a player. The CEO does not have to disclose who it was. That is absolutely childish behaviour by Radford and Clarke, I imagine they would have been like this when talking to the CEO "oh ummm we don't know who it was it might have been a player but yeah ummm we don't know?" of course these Clowns know who it was!

Reply #347865 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Leanne could always ask Ben.

I doubt he wouldn't be open to disclose what was the tipping point that earned the tech.

Hopefully now Ben will go on a rampage and sit a few coaches early because the league coaches are out of control lately and besides Aylen no one has really done anything to real it back in.

Reply #347872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sickofit. Some of your wording there could be a bit of an issue (I'm a lawyer, but this is not official legal advice). You might want to consider asking to have your topic edited in case Radford wants to take it up. Just a suggestion.

Reply #347879 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Really am sick of both of these guys.
Never owning up to mistakes, passing blame onto others, not improving any areas of weakness.
These guys might make the season out, but I'd hate to see the backlash if we line up in round 1 next year with these guys at the helm.
In a round a bout way, it appears that Leeane is finally taking notice judging by that quote. I'd imagine she knows or at least has a fair idea who was at fault. The fact they/he hasn't owned up to it would have to be another nail in the coffin.
You screw up, but own up to it and show remorse, you might get away with it. You screw up and deny it and you will see the consequences. You screw up multiple times and deny it/show no intention to change and you have to go. Simple as that.

Reply #347880 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Great post Hendo!

Anonymous, is that you Radford?

Reply #347883 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

LOL @ anon.. because no other internet forum has ever contained slander against another human before..

Reply #347886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would you take responsibility for something you didnt say or do?
Surely Clarke would have heard Radford gobbing off and vice versa?
Down the bench they wouldnt be able to pin point where it came from either. It may have infact been someone behind the bench. Ask the ref who made the call, who he T'd and what was said.
Everyones on the coaches cases and if you simply cant trust their words then get rid of them. Both denied it and all the detractors find it another excuse to get rid of them. How about boycott all their games until they are removed. That will work.

Reply #347893 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Any chance it came from the crowd behind the bench?

Reply #347895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any chance it came from the crowd behind the bench?

I have it on good authority it was actually the guy on the grassy knoll.

Reply #347896 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As I said in the other thread, if it wasn't you, don't just disown it in front of a fanbase sick of excuses, take responsibility in a loose way and move around the topic. I suggested specific wording that would've worked fine considering the circumstances.

Imagine the crowd reaction if it'd been a double tech and ejection. Holy crap.

Reply #347897 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

I am sick of Adelaide supporters in all sport

Clarke useless, get rid of him

Berry ( cricket) wrong choice, get rid of him

Craig no success, get rid of him

Next will be Primus

We need to understand that SOS have Clarke and co on 3year deals. We can't win the Championship after 2years

SOS knew they were getting an inexperienced game coach

He has made mistakes, sure we all know that, but just changing coach every time we get a poor result is not the answer.

Reply #347901 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Maybe not after 1 loss Annon but after a year & a half of incompetence i would think it would be the exact answer!!

Reply #347906 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

lol win the championship? We just want to win SOME games! Even 50% would be like winning a championship right now.

Reply #347907 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

Annon u forgot Rini Coolen and what happened there???

Instant Improvement thats what happened.

If the players dont believe in the coach there is no hope and i believe this is what has happened at the sixers

Maybe Marty is not the right guy to take the team forward. Radford bye bye

Reply #347909 | Report this post

smoovy  
Years ago

I have it on good authority that it was cameraman Joe

Reply #347918 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

Ask the Tigers and the fat controller how the buying a team and instant result strategy is going!

and

While your at it, ask Gold Coast and Owen how that one is working!!!!

Reply #347920 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

E.....go back and have a look who was out when Rini was losing and who is available since John Kosmina has taken over.

All I am saying , you cant except him to turn in around and around and around without cattle on the boards.

Four time MVP out for season will hurt any team.

Couple of ovetime losses hurt as well

Reply #347927 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"Imagine the crowd reaction if it'd been a double tech and ejection. Holy crap"

Rabbid applause and cheering to the Ref for making the decision the club wont????

Reply #347929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently he was on Andrew Warren all game too. Was Jamar Wilson the last game.

Reply #347931 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

All this dancing around the matter and we still don't know for sure who was responsible for the Tech. Ask Ben himself. It has to be an important enough issue to warrant an answer. Why the secrecy, it all forms part of the game statistics. For all we know, the ref just got sick of the crowd booing every call throughout the game and felt like issuing a foul. Not to anyone in particular but to everyone in the Arena. If you can't say who is responsible, you can't even justify issuing the tech because its the refs responsibility to give an explanation for their calls.

Reply #347934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That article from Nagy makes the 36ers coaching staff look like absolute morons/soft c*cks. Tech fouls happen. This one lost a game but I can
live with that.

However, failing to take responsibility shows a lack of leadership, passion and care that it is unforgivable. If the tech was not on a coach then simply say "tech was on a player and we are dealing with the player privately. No need to name and shame. To say they don't know means they couldn't be bothered finding out from the ref who was responsible for the tech that lost us the game!

Reply #347936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Radford has no credibility after this, none.

'Fatguts' Radford should learn to shut his mouth and just coach.

Reply #347937 | Report this post

KingJames, other coach bashers, seriously.

This is an Adelaide fans forum. The posters above are correct about our blame. We just ship off everyone in haste and anger when the team doesnt perform. Always the coach, never the team.

If we win 50% of our games, we'd expected 80%, if we win 80% we'd expect every game by double digits, if we made the finals, we'd expect a title, if we won a title, we'd expect a three-peat.

Its been a long time I know, but theirs no simple formula to just building a team over x-years and getting results. SOS group gave him 3 years, so he gets his 3 years, they and no one else can afford to end that deal now and throw the team further into turmoil.

And before I get accussed of being "radford", like he'd ever seriously read half the crap on this site. I dislike how the sixers coaches seem to just push off the fact they have a three year deal and the losing doesn't appear to phase them. That does annoy me... but in a sport that grabs such little media attention anyway and a world in which the media in sport is far too involved and PC with every statement made and uttered. I like the rest of us will be watching marty c and radford coaching us out to the end of next season.

Reply #347950 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

vladimirradmanovic, coach clarke has done shit all in the last one and a half season to give any indication that there is still improvement to come. Why waste another season on a useless non productive coach. Next season could be put to better use than to put up with the same shit for 3 years in a row. Like anyone else in the workplace, they would have seen the door long before this. He is not Jesus Christ, he deserves no special treatment. He is failing miserably. I have not missed a single home game under his leadership and I cannot say I have seen a single game where I thought he did a good job. We all know what we are going to get in his 3rd year before he even starts it. Ask yourself honestly, do you want any more or is enough, enough.

Reply #347951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vladimirradmanovic,

I hear what you are saying, but I think it is attitudes like yours that make excuses for medicore performances and lower standards.

He needs to go.

Reply #347955 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

GAWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #347962 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

You know it is possible that the offending comment did actually come from the crowd and not the coaches or the bench.

Not saying it wasn't a player or Clarke or Radford but I wouldn't discount the fact that what the ref heard was from the crowd and he mistook it as from the bench.

Of course wherever said what was said should be f**king ashamed of themselves...coach, player or spectator.

Reply #347967 | Report this post

MikefromtheK  
Years ago

Go back to Tasmania. Radford you're an insipid fat moron.

Reply #347972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HoldenV8,

I sit near the bench (couple of rows back)....and it wasn't anyone in the crowd.

Reply #347974 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Vladimirradmanvic all l can say is you are going to be the only lonly person at the games because l personly know of about 30 ticket holders who will not be going to any games next season if the coaches are still the same.losing games is part of sport .losing games due to stupid plays is not.no more excusers

Reply #347976 | Report this post

Europa63  
Years ago

Shawn Dennis is the answer.

Reply #348011 | Report this post

ineedmore  
Years ago

Sack Marty.

Reply #348019 | Report this post

DT  
Years ago

I'm from Melbourne so I don't know the media or get to the games to see first hand what Clarke and Radford are like.

I did watch the game you're all referring to on TV and although I agree they're not performing, at one stage Clarke drew up a play on the board in a time out, and the players didn't run it. So who knows how often that sort of thing is happening. In saying that, I agree with the majority in that they're not doing a good job.

People that think the fans need to give the coaching staff a break, need to understand that above all else the 36'ers are a business. What do you do if there is someone within your business that can't handle there job and aren't getting results? Although some heat needs to be thrown the way of whoever gave him the job. Clearly not up to it. Coaching the AIS group is very different to an NBL coach and he should have had to assist an experienced coach as a plan to move forward with him eventually becoming head coach.

Reply #348033 | Report this post

You all forget that Ben isnt a quality referee.

Fans scream the house down when they believe there's been a crap call. The coach/player 'apparently' get a 'ghost' tech and Boti says there's gotta be a lynchin'.

If Smyth was coaching the article would be about how bad a Ref Ben is.

Time to go Boti, you suck.

Reply #348145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a player.
Boti knows it and chooses not to publish it, but uses it as coverup to get rid of Clarke and Radford.
Therein lies part of the problem.

Reply #348158 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

IT WAS NOT A PLAYER IT WAS THE COACHES.AS always they can't keep quite they had a bitch the ref warned them BUT NO HAD TO KEEP GOING.GOLDEN RULE SHOW THE REF'S LOVE GET LOVED INRETURN

Reply #348179 | Report this post

Muzz buzz  
Years ago

Once the pay wall goes up thankfully BOti will disappear into the ether of his own self importance

Reply #348181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a coach, thanks for someone connected to the coaches above for suggestng it was a player.

Everyone in the stadium knows it was Radford, clear as day.

Ben is a good ref, maybe we don't get a call because the coaches spend all game barking at him.

Yes Boti is a wank, but don't confuse the issue, it was a coaches tech.

Reply #348185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a player, no question.

Reply #348189 | Report this post

Had snuff of this Grassy Knoll shit.
If it was a player, you posters need to name the player.
If it was a coach, say so.

Also, don't personally believe saying things like Radford's a insipid fat moron brings anything to the convo. Hate the ability (or lack of), not the person.

Reply #348191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was Radford, you could tell it was Radford....there he's named.

Let's end the discussion.

What a load of shit anon is peddling saying it was a player...someone trying to muddy the waters here to protect their mate.

Reply #348201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clarke and Radford have publicly stated it wasn't them.Prove it was them if you are so sure.
it was a player.

Reply #348204 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It was Helliwell . No , sorry wrong game.
Clarke spends too much time back chatting refs , rather than coaching the team and controlling the bench. Things are bad out there , frustration everywhere.
Boti's article ( a while ago ) noted that the coaches wouldn't be here if we went 0-6 and there was mention of that on tripple m and on here , that a local would take over for the rest of the season.

Reply #348208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti was just talking when he said that 0-6 comment, like he would know.

You are funny anon, prove it was a player mate.

This is what I saw:

Coaches talking to McDonald.
McDonald talking to coaches.
Next thing I see - tech.

At that point, the coaches sat down. Radford actually shut the f**k up for once in his life. And not one coach, not one player gave another player a dirty look.

Why? Because it was a coach.

If there was any confusion then about who said what, the coaches would have protested.

If McDonald teched a player the coaches would have protested or Radford would have cracked the shits at the player like he did to Simpson.

Mate, what is your agenda? Is Marty sending his little lapdogs on here to throw a player under the bus?

You prove it was a playr...evidence strongly points towards a coach.

Reply #348221 | Report this post

ineedmore  
Years ago

Maybe the ref doesn't even know? Maybe he just heard "dickhead' or something from the bench, turned around and T'd them up.

Can they do that? If they can, what stands in the way of them getting confused with a crowd member sitting in the first row behind the bench?

I think it would stand to reason the ref would have to identify the individual to award the tech (even a bench tech). In which case, maybe the ref has to record the culprit somewhere, like his match report or some such?

Reply #348222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it was a tech on the coach that would have been called and noted. It wasn't. Seems clear to me.

Reply #348226 | Report this post

Muzz buzz  
Years ago

For the record an Aba coach once got tossed for something someone sitting behind him in the crowd said.

Reply #348227 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Bottom line is that the Head Coach is responsible not only for his actions, but also his assistants and the players. Perhaps if he set a better example by concentrating on what is wrong with the coaching and the players actions on court, then things might improve a bit.

While you may think you can influence a referees decisions, what makes a greater impact on the game is to actually get the ball in the basket, defend and rebound strongly, and minimise turnovers. The referee is not responsible for any of these areas, the Coach is.

Reply #348230 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'm an easy going kida guy . I usually gotta smile on my face. Sometimes , I had to ref and I wan't much good. Still , these days I'd give it back to Clarke for his rudeness.

Reply #348239 | Report this post

just another anon  
Years ago

if it was marty then it would have gone on the coach
if it was radford or any of the other players it would have gone on the bench

my suggestion whoever sees McDonald next ask him and then come back on here and lets everyone know

Reply #348244 | Report this post

michael bluth  
Years ago

I can guarantee everyone here it was Radford definitely.

Reply #348420 | Report this post

chewie  
Years ago

It was Tim Duncan..........oh wait, wrong league, and wrong ref.

Reply #348430 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:23 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754