Forcey
Years ago

Ubaka v Allen

Any 36ers fans who saw the Hawks v Tigers game last night got a taste of what changing their point guard midseason can do. The Tigers, while still struggling, looked to have unearthed the find of the season in Myron Allen. Allen is aggressive and looks to pass first, creating plenty of opportunities for team mates. Ubaka in his first game up revitalised the Hawks, also creating plenty of chances for his team and even bringing life to the near-corpses of Sav and Campbell. I doubt the 36ers will make such a bold move but here's hoping....

I've written more on today's blog

http://www.36reasons.net/2012/01/tale-of-two-point-guards.html

Topic #27419 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

same was said and witnessed about deleon - see what happens after a few games, but I agree the guy got some skills.

Reply #348422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Allen looks very solid
good length, lefty with the ability to shoot & make some great plays

Reply #348423 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hawks turned it around before Ubaka arrived. He will definitely help going forward though, he's just what they needed.

Allen has played Gold Coast and Wollongong, with Adelaide next week. Ill reserve judgement until he plays some good defensive teams. Looks good though.

Reply #348427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

UNtil he plays against a good defensive team?
Well that wont be next week..

Reply #348431 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Find of the season? Not Simpson? Or Cedric Jackson?

Not sure if Allen is a great example of what change can bring - they're still losing games. Last night was being thrashed by the bottom team.

Reply #348433 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Simpson was a good find but cannot do much if he is on the bench for 20 minutes.

Reply #348438 | Report this post

forcey  
Years ago

Allen played his first game the day he arrived from US, then played a fired up team featuring the import it sacked. I love Diamon but will say so far I expect Allen will have a bigger impact over the last half of the season.

Reply #348446 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

The imports this season have been very good minus a few!

Reply #348452 | Report this post

Vodka 48  
Years ago

Only crap imports have been Ratzch and Glover.
Hudson and Dorsey are average (Dorsey doesn't fit the Tigers well though)

Reply #348474 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Allen did impress last night and I dont think the better defensive teams are going to be able to stop him to much. He will be one to watch but also looked a bit frustrated with the rest of the team no finishing off some BLOODY gifts he gave them.

Sign him for next year for us please :)

Reply #348492 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Skud, you're on the money there - sign him up and give him some decent supporting players and they may succeed in spite of Gleeson.

Reply #348698 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754