Anonymous
Years ago

All Australian Boomers games to be telecast LIVE!

At the London Olympics!

CEO Kim Williams, said: "The landmark broadcast will screen all telecasts in full - all sessions of major sports will be shown live, every Aussie Medal will be shown live, and all sports and matches featuring Australian teams will – for the first time – be broadcast live and in full.

Full article here:
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/07/foxtel-to-screen-2012-olympics-on-8-hd-channels.html

Topic #27427 | Report this topic

Bball Fan  
Years ago

F*cking sensational!!!!!

Reply #348564 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

Pricing is generally high for this broadcast from memory last time. What time will the ball games be broadcasted, 2am?

Reply #348571 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

I too am concerned about the price Foxtel will be charging for this service. Although this beats the pathetic coverage Channel 7 provided hands down.

Reply #348577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not interested and thankfully got rid of the Foxtel recently.

I remember when they did something similar for the 2000 Olympics (added extra olympic games specific channels) and they said they would show all Boomers & Dream Team games in full as Channel 7 might only show 10-15 min of a game cut to an ad break and then come back with gymnastics. I stupidly believed tham and paid the extra money for these channels.

Anyway as 7 only showed about 45 min of the gold medal game between the USA/France I decided to record the replay in full the next day on one of Fox's olympic games channels. Despite their own guide saying they were showing the men's final at that time they just showed the women's final and when their guide said they were showing the women's final they played the women's final again.

So the men's final was never shown (just partially on 7) on Fox's extra olympic channels so take pronouncements like this with a large grain of salt.

Reply #348587 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Can't blame Foxtel for that one. The 2000 Olympic Games pay TV broadcasts were on Optus Vision's C7 Sport channels (owned/run by Seven Network), which were sub-leased to Foxtel to allow subscribers on all platforms access. So yet another example of Seven's ineptness.

Reply #348590 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Personally, I have no confidence in any of teh ommercial networks or Foxtel for delivering what they promise and on time. I'll be setting the recorder for 6 hours or so and then fast-forwarding through the ads, I reckon.

Reply #348598 | Report this post

___  
Years ago

Will they be showing any of the opal games

Reply #348650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is an old press release from July 2011, it's not really news per-say. Kim Williams is no longer the CEO of FOXTEL it's Richard Freudenstein.

It looks like FOXTEL won't be charging anything extra for their Olympic Broadcast. It will more than likely come into the Sport package. They trialed this with Vancouver & Delhi in 2010 and the sub intake didn't work for them.

This broadcast will be award winning. FOXTEL are going to show EVERY Aussie LIVE and in FULL regardless of the sport. So, yes, All Boomers & Opals games will be LIVE, in FULL and uninterrupted from commercials.

If any of you watched FOXTEL's coverage of Vancouver or Delhi you would be extra excited about this upcoming coverage.

Reply #348663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Richard.

Reply #348671 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

yeah i dont have foxtel. i dont like the idea of paying $90 a month or whatever to watch the same 5 movies for that whole month.

looks like im gonna be set to scream at the lousy boffins at c7 as they cut away mid final quarter to syncronised lawn bowls or some other shit like it.

seriously, some effing sport where some guy skis down a slope, stops, and pulls out some pathetic air rifle and shoots a stationary target, then skis off again will get better coverage than basketball. basketball is a team sport only bettered by soccer in terms of global participation.

bloody retards. fiba and basketball australia must have balls the size of fleas if they cant tell some uni grad in a suit at the channel 7 office to pay some better respect to the game.

Reply #348772 | Report this post

Bala  
Years ago

@phil
Sounds like your hate of Channel 7 (or 9 this year)'s Olympic Coverage means that you need to get Foxtel! It will more than likely show every basketball game in the tournament live, & has confirmed that it will show all Boomers and Opals games live! There's 8 different channels that will all have live sport on them!

Plus you won't have to worry about the movie channels when you'll be watching Fox Sports, ESPN & Eurosport. ;-)

Reply #348812 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:11 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754