hoopie
Years ago

Tigers contracts

Barring Seamus getting hot under the collar (again), can anyone tell me how long each of the Tigers has left on their contracts?
In other words, who are free agents after this year, who can we get rid of as part of re-building, etc etc?

Topic #27448 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

The rumour is that they will all be treated like free agents regardless of whether they have multi-year contracts or not.

Reply #348883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who would you guys keep and get rid of?

Tigers really need a fit center, so maybe get rid of Burston, or only have him as a backup...

Dorsey really needs to be dropping more points as well, so maybe give him the flick.

Reply #348887 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Starters: Allen, Tragardh, Rush + import centre + import SG

Keep on Bench: Burston, Dorsey, Dillon

Ship out (based on current form): Greer, Lewis, Walker, Lane

Reply #348888 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

I'm assuming Dorsey gets kept as a non-playing reserve or he gets naturalised; otherwise, we need more from him as an import.

I still reckon, though, that this team needs a new coach who can let them run.
Greer, Rush, Dorsey, Dillon, Allen, even Burston can't show their best as long as we have a coach who forces them to play half-court, slog-it-out ball.

Reply #348891 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Rumour is Trigger is or has already signed a contract extension!

So i think it will look like:
Starter/Bench
5 - Trigger/Back up 5
4 - Import/ Trig + Rush/Greer
3 - Rush/Greer + Import (if you slide Trig to 4)
2 - Dillon/Aussie Back up
1 - Import/Aussie Back up (Macdonald perhaps)

Play Trigger as the main man inside worked so i'd stick with it as it is a small ball league and run with an import 3/4 (Carlos Powell!!!) together with a import PG/Combo guard

Reply #348894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep: Allen, Dillon, Tragardh, Rush, Burston, Wilcher and Short

Get rid of: Dorsey, Walker, Greer, Lewis, Lang and Gleeson

Will be interesting to see who stays if Gleeson is the coach. Players have to be unhappy.

I'd like to know if Tigers cut Greer, would there be the same outcry as there was for Corletto?

Reply #348895 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Starters: Allen, Tragardh, Rush + import centre + import SG

Keep on Bench: Burston, Dorsey, Dillon
Four imports, you say?

If Dorsey were let go and the Tigers still paying out his second year, I think the Hawks should consider him as coming through to replace Campbell. Or even the 36ers grabbing him cheap and spending more money on the other import. He is not as bad as he's been playing.

Reply #348898 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

What is the point in signing multi year deals if the organisation does not honour the contracts and will treat everyone as free agents. Does the club pay out these contracts if they are terminated?

Reply #348900 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Isaac, d'oh - I didn't count.

I'd keep Allen and get an import Centre or PF (to guarantee quality), force Dorsey to naturalise in order to stay, and then hunt for a decent Aussie or Kiwi SG.

Reply #348901 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jake, what's the point? Gets the players to leave their previous club. Cairns would've hoped to keep them otherwise.

They will generally pay them out or reach some sort of settlement or pay out what they haven't been able to earn at their subsequent club.

Reply #348904 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Greer has 1 more year left on his deal so you wouldn't think he'd be going anywhere.

I wouldn't want to be Lewis, Walker or Burston thou as they will be out the door regardless of who is coach!

Reply #348908 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

i will maintain that i highly doubt seamus will pay any of the contracts out. he has the 'take me to court' attitude.

for him to be firing people the way he has been he'd lose probably close to $1m!!! given how stingy he is, i highly doubt it.

i'd get rid of the coach, the players obviously lost belief in his system. it'd be unlikely he will get an inexperienced coach or somebody without a decent reputation. the reason he signed gleeson (coach of the year) is to keep sponsors happy.

player wise, Lewis, Dorsey (the dude is chilling too much in a big market when he's suppose to do big things), perhaps Walker (though he's old but he has no milage and is 1 of the most athletic in the league), Greer (i believe you can get a better player than him)

would keep Burston, he provides leadership and is very well respected professional among players and coaches around the league. think the question is does HE wanna stay after contract expires?

Reply #348944 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac & Hoopie, why the talk about who Adelaide can pick up in the rebuild for next year? To have a successful rebuild, you need a successful brick layer.

Reply #348945 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

EC, we're certainly shooting a lot of bricks at the moment, lol

Reply #348982 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Hot off the press....Walker & Lewis gone at the end of the season!!!

Reply #349003 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

what press, Tiger Watcher?

Reply #349011 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's a pretty predictable press Tiger Watcher!! Walker to the new Melbourne team would have to be a strong chance.

Reply #349012 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

It'll hit the press soon enough....wouldnt better on Walker at the new Melbourne Team as got it on good infomation he'll jet back to the US and give it all away!

Reply #349016 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, the bricklayer also needs the bricks. It's quite possible to multitask and consider roster as well as the coaching.

Reply #349022 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

No great surprise that those two will go.If Greer was uncontracted he would join them as well as would Dorsey.

Reply #349031 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

This is worth re-reading, now that we're many months down the track. I especially love Gleeson referring to his team as athletic when his offense doesn't allow them to be.

http://tensport.com.au/news/theroar/Basketball-Tigers-anger-fans-with-recruiting-circus.htm

Reply #349036 | Report this post

Rhea 12  
Years ago

The Dorsey and Ubaka signings show why u sign imports last and Australian players first and why u don't sign them to multiyear deals. As a result the roster is poorly balanced. The talent is there which is sad.

Reply #349067 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754