breakers
Years ago

Improve vertical

Hey fellas,

Just wanted to improve my vertical, do you guys know of any exercises or programs i can do to achieve this?
thanks

Topic #27465 | Report this topic

phil  
Years ago

google is your friend.

from what ive learned lots of explosive stuff like plyometrics. tuck jumps that sort of thing. after years of footy and bball my knees dont like that so much so any exercise that works your legs will do. core exercises wouldnt go astray either.

to be honest unless your competing in a dunk comp your better off devoting more time to shooting the ball and just basic fitness than worrying about an extra 2cm to your vert.

Reply #349224 | Report this post

Shaqfu  
Years ago

I tried Air Alert 3 around 10 years ago and it did start to work for me but ended up with shin splints. I've heard people hurt their knees and ankles doing it as well. It's a lot of reps and puts strain on your joints.

Plyometrics works best. Also one legged squats and one legged leg press are great as well.

After 3 weeks of Air Alert 3, I went from barely touching the rim to grabbing it. But I'm happy these days to be the Andre Miller / Luis Scola of my team lol

Reply #349226 | Report this post

MikefromtheK  
Years ago

Check out this website:
http://www.adarq.org/forum/

It's got a lot of good information and guys who are really passionate about increasing athleticism and verticals because that's pretty much what the whole site is dedicated to.

Reply #349229 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

depend, plyometrics are important however depends on individual whether if it's the right thing to do.

if you're skinny and weak then weights will be very beneficial. once you get stronger increased plyos can do wonders.

Reply #349233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The best way is to combine plyos once a week with weights twice a week
vertical jump bible can be downloaded online and give s a good plyo program
and squats, deadlifts and leg press will all help to improve your vertical

however doing only one of these things will limit your development.

Reply #349237 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Check out www.strongerteam.com.au - Alan Stein is an internationally renowned basketball specific strength & conditioning coach, and has a program you can purchase called 'M.V.P Jump Program' - the 'MVP' standing for 'Maximum Vertical Potential'.

Give jump soles or any of that other stuff a miss mate. It's all bullshit.

Reply #349240 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I have a few vertical programs, dribbling programs, basketball fitness and shooting programs along with other sport specific fitness and weight programs along with meal plans and recipes that I have designed and tested and sell for a few dollars each.

If you are interested you can email me at the following address to find out more;

[email protected]

Reply #349257 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I should also mention that I can design a program for you based on the equipment or lack thereof available to you...

Reply #349262 | Report this post

Europa63  
Years ago

yoga

Reply #349278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To achieve any progress in the weights room it has to be a minimum 3 times a week, not twice, otherwise you just maintaining, not gaining, i'd recommend doing weights to strengthen your legs (and upper body/core is a must for the best results) for a minimum of 3 months before commencing a plyometrics program on top of your regular weights.

Reply #349290 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not fussed about Tornado's plug because they're a Hoops regular. Any spammers hitting this thread otherwise will be deleted and blocked.

Reply #349313 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Apologies Isaac, wasnt meaning to spam was just offering my services/knowledge based on the thread topic.
Feel free to remove my posts if deemed necessary. :-)

Reply #349318 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:27 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754