Isaac
Years ago

Cedric Jackson is Round 18 POTW

Jackson, who has contended for the weekly honours regularly since joining the Breakers, broke through to win his first NBL award after registering 15 points, 10 assists, five rebounds and two steals in his team's vital 83-77 victory over the Wildcats before a sold-out crowd at the North Shore Events Centre in Auckland on Thursday.
Runners-up were Wortho (25 and five in killing Wollongong at home), Schensch (19 and 4.5 over a 1-1 week) and A. Warren (24 in a win over the Crocs).

Here are some others who had decent outings over the weekend:
Others considered for Player of the Week for Round 18 included Cameron Tragardh (Melbourne), Kevin Lisch (Perth), Chris Warren (Adelaide), Gary Wilkinson (New Zealand), Jamar Wilson (Cairns), Eddie Gill (Townsville) and Alex Loughton (Cairns).

Topic #27494 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The team shouldnt be playing in the nbl!!! Its an Australian comp!!! What u expect u got half the tall black team + 2 imports!!!! Play in ure own comp!!!

Reply #349757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bugger off dude. Its good they are in the NBL. They are just playing well with a good team. NBL teams can recruit from NZ so stop bitching. Well deserved by Cedric was my pick for MVP after seeing his first game of the year against the Blaze.

Reply #349760 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A bitter fan from WA?

Reply #349772 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

lol @ Anons butthurt

Reply #349785 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

The type of fan who'd say the same thing if the NZ Warriors ever win the NRL premiership..."Oh its our comp, how can we let a NZ based team in?"

Personally I think the Breakers have been good for the NBL and hey, if they are good enough to win championships then good luck to them. And while I think Wortho might have been a better choice of PotW I really won't bitch about this one. Well done to Cedric.

Reply #349827 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:41 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754