toorak tractor
Years ago

Toorak Tractors being prepared to travel

Hope the toorak tractors are ready for the big road trip outside the bubble to Hillcrest tonight. LOL

Topic #27519 | Report this topic

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Is that you Jack?

Reply #350074 | Report this post

besides u16 b&g it will all be one way traffic - u16b will be a good game

Reply #350083 | Report this post

Dirty Sturty  
Years ago

I find it funny that considering how bad North are now, that they were actually the last club to win State Champs before Sturt won the last 7 in a row. While North went onto not score a point in last years tournament.

What has caused their drop to insignificance?

Reply #350089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturts poaching woops recruiting

Reply #350092 | Report this post

Dirty Sturty  
Years ago

But why have North gone so far backwards?

Reply #350094 | Report this post

Calilsto  
Years ago

From memory in recent times, Sturt have only had 2 quality players come from North in juniors. One is now interstate & one is now U18s.

However, North have lost a lot of good quality juniors to a lot of clubs... Norwood, West, Forestville have benefited as well.

Seems to be one way traffic out of North, with no one going in. So I think it's a valid question. Why the drop off since their last state champs win?

Reply #350096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Sturt have been sounding out some U16g from North

Reply #350097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt may try and take some of North's 16g. But why would you bother? North have been undefeated all season, and resoundingly so (closest was Forestville). Sturt lost to Southern last week. Hardly inspiring stuff if you're trying to entice players across...

Reply #350122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

typical hillcrest might have to open both doors for them so their heads can fit in

Reply #350123 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hanging Around, No, that wasn't me.

When I stir up those blue baggers, I put my name to it!

Reply #350149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calisto only two good players you must be joking. Some of the best players in Australia have come from North in recent times.

Reply #350154 | Report this post

Calilsto  
Years ago

Sorry if the post wasn't clear. I mean that only 2 kids I can think of have gone from North to Sturt in the last half dozen years or so. A lot have also gone elsewhere. This was in response to those suggesting Sturt's poaching was the reason for North's decline.

Reply #350158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If North are travelling bad then Sturt seems to be slipping. Friday night Div 1 - Sturt 5 North 3. Also seems Sturt in Boys U14's struggled to beat North even though North are bottom.

What is going on with Sturt?

Reply #350462 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

What is going on with Sturt?
Its because their play book was found in the Car park has been copied by all the clubs!! Predictable people!!
I get my amusement from not so much watching the game but seeing the Coach,the assistant coach,the trainer,the Team Manager ,the senior Cardiologist and the scorers hurt badly and storm off to the SUV with little Jane or little Johnnny .

Reply #350830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no way Sturt could lose to North. I think those teams are sandbagging and the coaches playing their cards close to their chests for when the proper season starts.

Expect things to change once the silly season is out of the way

Reply #350927 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:07 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754