Western Conference
LaMarcus Aldridge Blazers F
Marc Gasol Grizzlies C
Kevin Love Timberwolves F
Dirk Nowitzki Mavericks F
Tony Parker Spurs G
Russell Westbrook Thunder G
Steve Nash Suns G

The only one in my mind that was a bit lucky was Deng; he has missed so many games that I sort of wonder if it is not a makeup for last year.

I know Dirk does not deserve it this year but he gets a pass after his playoffs last year.

Any thoughts?

Topic #27523 | Report this topic

Crocs City  
Years ago

East - Rondon over D.Williams as he has played better
Josh Smith in over Joe Johnson does more for altanta this year,joe johnson down 5pts per gm this yr.
Tyson Chandler unlucky cause he is in a shit team.

West - Lowery nearly gets triple doubles every game and for that should be there instead of Tony Parker.

Reply #350159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Parker in over Lowry cos he has better scoring numbers as well as playing on a winning team with no Ginobli.

Like D Will over Rondo, cos Rondo still cant shoot and hes only 2nd best player on the team on the cusp of finals.

I like Dirk there, his numbers arent that bad compared to other players, just not great compared to his normal numbers, but it is Dirk, same reason Duncan and Garnett made it last year.

Reply #350162 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Apart from Deng and Parker, I pretty much picked that lineup.

I think after the 2006 and 2007 Reserve lineups that were picked that they try to spread the love across multiple teams now.

If you recall, back in 06, nearly the entire Detroit starting lineup was picked up as east reserves and in 07, the same thing happened but for the Celtics.

I think out of all of them, Deron Williams got the "sympathy" selection.

Reply #350164 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

I think Rondo did not get in because too many missed games and it would also be hard to have 2 players off a team that is only just above .500. Plus the Celtics started winning when Pierce came back so it was probably always going to be him

Reply #350176 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Would have liked to see Rubio in there... Would have been much more entertaining to watch him and his passing game over some of the other selections

Reply #350181 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:45 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754