Whats Up With NORTH!!

Another loss last night. Is this team in serious trouble or are they just in a slump that they will come out of soon and still make the finals

Topic #2754 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trouble. INternal bickering.

Reply #31199 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

What were the scorelines for the games?

Reply #31203 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Watching north play they seem to be needing more from the middle range players they get strong contributions from their stars such as hambour makay and hawlks ... but thats where it seems to stop... they need there young players to step up ... and hawlks needs to lead them rather then just yell at them when they do something wrong they would be doing alot better

Reply #31205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just give maxxy the ball and watch him go to work!

I tell you what north needs..... they need max to grow back him MOE BABY!

Reply #31206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His mostrash... grwo that mostash back baby

Reply #31207 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

West beat them 89-82.

Reply #31225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mens or womens?

Reply #31226 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Did both Groves boy retire, cut or quit? They were both good players and hard workers? They may be missed.

Reply #31227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give west some credit tho.....they are playing some good ball at the moment.

Reply #31230 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Agree West and South big improvers on 2004. Would this be the best basketball West are playing post Truslove/ Cioffi?

Reply #31235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Without a doubt...team harmony at an all time high. Younie not there either which has also helped in this respect. Many contributors this season.

Reply #31237 | Report this post

Homeless  
Years ago

Could Loveday be finished as coach?

Reply #31256 | Report this post

Cosmo  
Years ago

Cant blame the coach, they just need to click and they will make a run, season isnt over yet.

Reply #31257 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

Could the difference between North and South be KENT.
I for one didn't loose any sleep over his move

Reply #31264 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

I agree Kent is slow and didnt even really do much scoring or rebounds ... kent is just big and im my opinion over rated !!

Reply #31292 | Report this post

FMJ  
Years ago

You have to be rated to be over rated...

Reply #31293 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Loveday has a pretty difficult job, with a very young line-up. They are competitive but just need some more consistent scoring options. It will come with a bit of time.

Reply #31319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The truth...

"Watching north play they seem to be needing more from the middle range players they get strong contributions from their stars such as hambour makay and hawlks ... but thats where it seems to stop... they need there young players to step up ... "

Are you an idiot? Look at their stats.. Burdon has had games scoring 19, 14 and 19. Zorich had 19 against West and was man of the match and had a HSA rating of 42.5, so how can you possibly say North's young players need to step up?

Reply #31330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #31365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think a big part of the problem is hawkes. not because hes playing bad but because he puts his team mates down on court. if your a young guy and hawkes is continually putting you down while playing, its going to put your game off. the fact is North have the best young talent coming through so what has hawkes got to complain about. ive heard people say this from other teams week in week out. theirs Norths problem. I have heard Hawkes doesnt even train. Loveday has to show some balls and sack him for the good of the club.

Reply #31369 | Report this post

factual  
Years ago

In defence of North's players, Hawkes trains when he can allowing for work commitments and you should all relate to that. He is treated similar so if he doesn't train he doesn't start - eg the West game. The younger ones are playing well and do need more encouragement, but that goes for all players and coaches to each other as positive talk will get you a lot further than negative. The bench need to be more psotive but the coach still has to blend the right 5 on court at the right time. It doesn't matter who gets man of the match as we all know who picks that anyway, it's what the team does that counts overall. And I agree, Kent was a mistake for North, he has contributed nothing to the team.

Reply #31434 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Kent should've gone to Woodville. Would've been a solid addition to their line-up. He has a lot of potential, but it needs to be developed.

[Sorry Northerner - couldn't help myself!]

Reply #31553 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

I dont care where he has gone, I am just glad he went !!

Reply #31587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All these people keep saying that Hawkes puts down his teammates.. If you haters actually ask one of his teammates (like I did), they will tell you that he doesn't.

Reply #31852 | Report this post

Bottles  
Years ago

Can anyone tell me what the date of the ABL grandfinal is this year?
The date of the Woollacott medal?
and the date of ABL nationals?
Please.....

Reply #31913 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Grand Final: 13/8/05

National Finals in Geelong: 19/8/05-22/8/05

Woollacott Medal: No idea.

Reply #31943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I find this really funny considering that i hear not one centrals player was at the under 16 div 1 talent identification camp its funny when someone can play seniors but is obviously too good for people her own age. Or maybe shes just learning too much from her program to learn from people outside of that.

Reply #31977 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:06 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754