Isaac
Years ago

Forman wins NBL POTW

The eighth-ranked Hawks caused a massive boilover when they defeated the reigning champions and current ladder leaders, the New Zealand Breakers, on Saturday night at 'The Sandpit' in Wollongong.

Forman scored 29 points and added seven rebounds as he racked up 21 points in the first half to help his team to the win.

‘The Big O’ was a perfect seven-of-seven from three-point territory for the match as he also made 11-of-12 field goals at an astonishing 92% shooting clip. Making the performance even sweeter for Forman was the fact it came against his former club, where he spent four seasons.
Runners-up were Deleon (29/5/8 on the road in Sydney), Wilson (24/4/4 at home in beating the Cats) plus Simpson (19/12/2) and Johnson (20 and seven) both at home against Townsville.
Others considered for Player of the Week included Anatoly Bose (Sydney), Eddie Gill (Townsville), Darren Ng (Adelaide), Adam Gibson (Gold Coast), Kevin Lisch (Sydney), and Gary Wilkinson (New Zealand).

Topic #27548 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Big ups to Oscar on his performance, he killed the Breakers.

Reply #350592 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great performance, his brother must be proud ;)

Reply #350593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin Lisch got traded?!?

Reply #350605 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nice pick up! Didn't know Lisch played for Sydney either!

Reply #350607 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Apparently traded for Sydney's 2013 1st round draft pick! I think Sydney get the better deal in this one.

Reply #350610 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Depends, i hear next years NBL draft is deep.

Reply #350612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What u mean about Kev? Im a kings fan?

Reply #350619 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It's a joke Anon..

Reply #350626 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Not sure about Oscar's picture on the NBL site, though. If he's my teammate, there is a massive fine coming his way .....

Reply #350631 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

A massive fine?? I'd be teasing the shit out of him for years..but fines..wtf

Reply #350642 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

No argument on this one. Thought that Deleon would be hard to beat after his game against the Kings but Oscar equaled Deleon's 29pts and how can you top 7/7 from outside 3?

And personally I'm jealous of him. I'm nearly 37 and I WISH I had a body like that lol. But oh please :p

Reply #350646 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

in reference to a typo

Reply #350649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fines are pretty standard i n sports clubs for media stuff like that Skud.

Reply #350652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teams(not coaches) hand out fines for things that go to the end of season trip. Things like late to practice, mobile ringing during practice, bad photos on the website or newspaper, stupid comments etc. It's all a bit of fun and in no way a real club imposed fine.

Reply #350701 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:58 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754