Wow!!
Years ago

Townsville v Cairns

Taipans only score 43 points for the game.... New nbl low??

Topic #27570 | Report this topic

Adelaide  
Years ago

Why do the Crocs fans put their arms up in the air when the Crocs take their foul shots rather than their opponent?!?! It is ridiculous.

Reply #351085 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Easy new low.. by far. Also ties record for lowest FG% and lowest FG made.

Reply #351092 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

The Taipans are definitely proving they don't win games on the back of their O. Sure they only let the Crocs score what they normally hold teams to but damn their offense sucks big time. This is the 2nd time this season (the other was Rd.17 against the Blaze) when they have failed to score 50 points in a 40 minute game.

Reply #351094 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Holmes was getting a lotta rebounds. The court announcer said he had fifteen during the third.
The TV commentatators didn't know that and they wondered whether Townsville would re-sign him , with Hinder coming back , but other teams would be interested in him , they were telling us.
I looked at my watch . I looked at my wrist . I punched myself in my face with my fist, and went to bed.
Don't spose the TV commentatators follow the NBL very much.

Reply #351106 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Actually NBL all time lowest score is 40 POINTS. By Devonport V Hobart in 93

Reply #351109 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Youre right Camel, theyve already re-signed him for two years! If the NBL is negotiating a compromised broadcast deal with Ten next year (who presumably dont want to pay to cover four games every week) the first thing agreed to should be that Carfino has to go.

Reply #351110 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

He told us about the time the door-knob broke.
Many times I've often thought Holmes seems to be getting a lotta rebounds and Bruce seems to be getting a lot in , but they don't give us a lotta info on that sorta thing.

Reply #351114 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nowadays I watch it with the sound down, sadly.

The final straw for me was probably when Steve told us Sydney had won it in overtime against Townsville when it was actually going to 2OT! Him constantly bagging players and refs was all the stuff leading up to that straw.

Reply #351118 | Report this post

Bball Fan  
Years ago

On the money Camel!!

P.S Aaron Fearne has the worst accent I have ever heard.

Reply #351123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mark Dickel would give Fearne a run for his money!

Reply #351137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns are the worst and most ugly boring team to watch!!!!!! Feel sori 4 there fans!!! How they beat perth and the breakers???? I still dnt understand!!!

Reply #351138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their fans don't seem to mind

Reply #351147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nat - I assume you meant in 1983? Devonport's last year in the NBL was '84.

Reply #351198 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:34 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754