Chuck Norris
Years ago

Title Town DVD

Just want to know what you all think. what do you think of the release of the 36ers DVD Title Town ?? I think its a great idea, but on the other hand I think that the Adelaide 36ers need to move on from the past & look to the future.

The team has issues & from what I can see is that they are stuck in the past.

any thoughts ???

Topic #27572 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

"the Adelaide 36ers need to move on from the past & look to the future"

Agreed. They need to release a DVD about the future. LOL.

The DVD release is terrific. Capturing the history of a club is magnificent and is a credit to everyone involved.

Reply #351098 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I'm really interested in buying the DVD. Forgot to get the form on the way out of the Arena last week, will the details be available online soon?

Reply #351099 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A DVD like this is a celebration of the past, not living in it. It will serve as a motivation for success.

Reply #351101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When's the premiere?

Reply #351117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think there is a premiere.

Management would rather see the money go to them and not a charity so they are only going to sell it at Arena

Reply #351124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Typical 6ers management. I went to the first premiere and it was a complete success. X players there mingling with the fans followed by an awesome movie. Management is ruining everything those players helped build. Title town is a story about our finest era and the club just wants to make a $$$$

Shame

Reply #351126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea surely in another season of lows you would want to promote every potential "high" as possible.

Reply #351130 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Well, I for one am definitely going to grab myself a copy. Already have The Golden Era DVD and will get this as well.

Moving on? Its just a celebration of the clubs past.

We were once one of the strongest clubs in the country and we're the strong still...it takes great strength to hold 8 other clubs above your head on the ladder :p

All jokes aside I am looking forward to its release.

Reply #351155 | Report this post

Chuck Norris  
Years ago

KET you can pre order a copy & collect it on the 24th of Feb. I just went to the stadium & done just that

Reply #351170 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DQYYN_FzKQ&feature=player_embedded

Adelaide 36ers Store - https://shopdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Product&ProductID=24546&OrgID=5973

Although online store never works for me - doesn't move on from Contact & Shipping Details.

Probably best to contact the club directly.

Reply #351374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A few interstate folks are trying to pre-order the DVD on the 36ers site but the orders won't process.

Aside from being embarrassingly unprofessional can someone let the club know?

Reply #351490 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Pre order over the phone, I just rang them, there are approx 70 available, and they will be selling them at the game on Friday night I was told.

I think it is an absolute joke that management is not having a preview night. The work that has been put into this and "The Golden Era" definately warrants an appreciation night of some sort for Coopz.

They told me there is not enough time to put a night on, I suggested play it instead of a game on Friday. The players might learn something, and at least we would see a win!!

THANKS COOPZ!!!

Reply #351497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still the 36ers shop online should at least work.

Reply #351506 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

SHould, but maybe isn't. Why don't you ring them and tell them.

Reply #351507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DB5, you are completely right about it being an absolute joke about not having a preview night.
What they told you about not having enough time to do it is total BS as well...

Reply #351513 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah I know, they used the gala night as an excuse as to how busy they were lol.

Maybe the Hoops crowd can create a face book page, seemed to work for the Parks.

Reply #351515 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Great DVD!

But it does miss one of the greatest quotes by the late Clinton Grybas in relation to the 6ers beating the South-East Melb Magic in Game 2 in Melbourne:

"Adelaide haven't beaten the Magic, in Melbourne, since July 15, 1989. They're 0 and 5 in Melbourne this season. The Magic are 15 and 1 on this court. THIS ISN'T MEANT TO HAVE HAPPENED!"

Reply #352212 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Having just watched the Title Town DVD, I'm extremely impressed. Brilliant work Coopz!

Looking forward to another one hopefully! 2000-2005??

Reply #352222 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:33 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754