LC
Years ago

#16 Saint MAry's vs #14 Murray State - Live Now

Saint Mary's is missing Holt who is out injured, whilst Delly has suited up and is playing with a dodgy ankle.

The Gael's are trailing Murray State 34-25 at the half time break.

Delly is playing well on one foot, and has 8 points, 2 rebounds, 4 assists and 1 steal so far. Steindl had 5 points.

Murray State is shooting better and looks more in flow...shame I have to head out now and will miss the 2nd half.

You can watch live on ESPN Australia right now if you have Foxtel.

Topic #27579 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez I hope delly has a poor Olympics he is what the 36ers need at the point. A guy who is tough, looks after the rock, great passer, can run a team,plays d and can shoot the open shot.

Reply #351189 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Lol you hope he has a poor Olympics! LMAO!!!!!!!

Even before this injury to Holt the Gaels were struggling, so it's no surprise to me what's happening. Waldow is not the same player.

The two remianing conference games are going to be tough. They haven't won at Portland for a few years and San Francisco is playing good ball to close out the season.

As much as I hate to say it they are in a bit of danger falling out of the NCCA tournament.

Reply #351193 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Gonzaga lose to San Francisco woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #351195 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Is the crowd chanting "USA USA USA" when Dellavedova is shooting free throws slightly racist?

Reply #351196 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Yeah wouldn't surprise me they did that with Ogilvy (Vanderbilt) a couple years back in the SEC. Pretty stupid chant. I mean we've only backed them in every war since world war two LOL.

Reply #351197 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Rohant - you were definitely onto the form slump of SMC before it ctually happened...

The Gael's have now lost 3 of the last 4 games and that at-large NCAA Tournament berth is looking shaky, especially if they cannot close out the WCC regular season.

Reply #351202 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Yep before the Gonzaga game and after the BYU victory there were a couple of incidents which saw Waldow receive some bruised ribs (I think) and Holt bruise some part of his leg. Since then it's been very scrappy. With those two fully fit the Gaels were just owning the boards.

Now Holt is out with a significant knee injury and is questionable to return this season. Waldow is not the same player but seems to be able to play burst minutes. So maybe 15 minutes a game maximum is the goal.

Tough going. As it stands a shared conference title (again!) seems like the best result for the Gaels.

Reply #351205 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Last couple weeks the Gaels have just been banged up which has contributed to the loses for sure.

Holt actually hurt his hamstring and had a deep bone? bruise that he'd been playing with for a couple weeks when he did his knee.

Mitch Young isnt still fully recovered from his ankle injury which has made him miss a significant part of the season.

And yeah Waldow did hurt his ribs in the first couple minutes in the LMU game which is limiting his minutes

And Delly was a game day decision due to his ankle injury, even then the kid was the only thing keeping the Gaels in it till the end.

The conference is in the Gaels hands now, they should beat Portland but that USF game is going to be massive

Reply #351257 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754