Bankrupt
Years ago

Heal wants to coach in the nbl

what a joke he used twitter to say he is ready to coach again.

God help the team that picks him up if indeed someone does,

Dragons fired him didn't they !?

Topic #27603 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

so did gold coast. please dont let him coach a team

Reply #351524 | Report this post

very old  
Years ago

I think that (sharp as a) Hammer Heal would be perfect to take over in NZ.

He has a far more impressive player resume than their current coach , and -- quite honestly - this move would be very possibly the best thing Heal could ever do for Australian basketball.

It would possibly go a long way towards him making up for his achievement in (Mod: Deleted. Think this is in your best interest, author!).

Reply #351525 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

is this because of his bankruptcy issue?

Reply #351527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted. Think this is in your best interest, author!) more sense than him taking over in NZ. they won the grand final last year i dont think they are getting rid of lemanis

Reply #351528 | Report this post

very old  
Years ago

But wait up - If Hammer could not only get the gig in NZ but ALSO have Carfino as an assistant coach - then the deal could also be the definitive answer to improving the NBL rateings on ONE, leading to a feeding frenzy of Broadcast rights in the future.

Everyone wins !!!

Could we start up a trust fund to encourage the Breakers to sign them both to a 10 year contract ? - I know I'd gladly stump up some moola.

Reply #351529 | Report this post

jobs  
Years ago

Heal lost his money.
He will want a new high paying job.
He is loved in Sydney.
Has a high profile.
Previous NBL coaching experience.

Lock it in !

Reply #351530 | Report this post

Deios58  
Years ago

Not everyone in Sydney loves the egotistical bastard.

Reply #351531 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

lock it in!? please

Give me a reason to go and watch the Kings...hire a COACH not a former player (aka PR stunt)

Reply #351532 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

If he coaches again, shot gun his old commentary job!

Reply #351533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted. Think this is in your best interest, author!)

Reply #351536 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

Reply #351542 | Report this post

Kings fan  
Years ago

???? Brett brown makes sense why he quit boomers gig

Only NBA coach that he knows

Reply #351556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

F$$k if this is true re b brown no way he gets a job with any nbl team

Boti go digging mate need to know if this is true massive bball story if it is

Reply #351558 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Reply #351567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tread carefully here people. Easily trackable.

Reply #351573 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Heal has gotten a bit legal with forum writers in the past (Sydney guy re allegation of a racial taunt). Keep in mind that if he comes to me with the right police/court request, I will need to comply and pass on enough information that would allow him to force your ISP to identify you.

I'm also not sure if truth is considered a valid defense for defamation in Australia.

If you've written something here that you'd like to retract, you can contact me.

For now, I've cleaned out some comments that are clearly crossing the line. I don't care if you think they're true, you will get yourself into strife mentioning them. If you want to discuss them, you're welcome to do it elsewhere but I'd suggest finding a lawyer first.

Reply #351586 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti seems to hint at Fearne heading to the Kings next year, unless someone else can think of a more likely bridge. I don't think we can count any of Adelaide's...

Reply #351588 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

New Melbourne team perhaps?

Sydney has a better bridge though, he should go there ; )

Reply #351591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, truth is a valid defence to defamation. But you have the burden to prove the truth. And you would want to have some very deep pockets to be able to pay the legal fees you would need to defend yourself.

Reply #351592 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

i'll retract Isaac, innuendo & propaganda can be nasty. I have no facts to assume anything!!

Reply #351593 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

This is the internet, are you serious about him sueing people for talking crap on a forum?

Keep him away from twitter if he is announced as Kings new coach, he will have to quit to focus on all the legal battles he will have against thousands of 15 year old trolls wanting to know why grandpa heal still dyes his hair like a teenage girl.

Reply #351598 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

alexkrad, of course and when in the right, I support that. This is little different to radio or TV (ignoring audience size!). I have had many legal threats over the years. In the case of Heal, it was to do with an OzHoops user who retracted their 'claims'. FWIW, I believed the OzHoops user's version of events and that they caved not wanting to get overwhelmed in court.

Reply #351599 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I just cant believe someone would go to that effort. If there were more people like that in the world the whole internet would be shut down!

Fair enough though, you are just doing your part to keep this site out of getting into a situation like that!

Reply #351604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'i'll retract Isaac, innuendo & propaganda can be nasty. I have no facts to assume anything!!'
ditto above, i thought it was anything goes and we were just having a laugh

Reply #351605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We're allowed to mention he's a bankrupt surely? That's public knowledge.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/more-sports/australian-basketball-legend-shane-heal-files-for-bankruptcy-following-the-demise-of-allied-brands/story-e6frey6i-1226229926434

On the Cesar thing as detestable as Heal is that guy did bring a fair bit of it on himself and then went hard playing the victim card on Oz Hoops. After he had cemented that the guy then formally complained to the NBL and Heal threatened to bust out the big lawyers so the guy backed down and disappeared into oblivion.

Reply #351621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im not a heal lover but not a hater either, but have to point out the statement of dyeing his hair.. does not adelaides beloved maher dye his hair also ? fully agree that if people come onto forums and speculate on personal fabricated attacks against people they deserve to be made liable for them.

Reply #351622 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Depends what people are saying. I'm sure he doesn't care a whole lot about people ridiculing his hair or not liking him as a personality or player, but some of the comments in this thread would've got a very strong reaction if brought to his attention or found on Google. By all means do it somewhere else under your own name, but it just wastes my time if I'm dragged into it.

Reply #351625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now that all the bad comments are gone, can they be found anywhere? dont know much legal jargon but surely he cant take it to court if its no longer on this page?

Reply #351626 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Bankrupt or not, what's that got to do with his ability to coach?

Reply #351627 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, bankruptcy is a fact and can be mentioned.

Also, yes I agree that ridiculing his hair is pretty lame. So are most things Hoops fans get crazed about (SA fans hating Goorjian, etc).

The chance of Heal taking issue is now seriously reduced. Someone might have forwarded the comments or they might be found in a cache, but that's less likely. Cross your fingers and watch what you say in the future.

Reply #351628 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Hopefully he already knows he is a tool for quitting the NBA.

If not, feel free to forward.

Reply #351630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

come on guys seriously. it sounds a bit beyond bitter ? just leave out the stuff that has nothing to do with the coaching part. unless you know the guy personally and he personally wronged you and screwed you over, then some of the comments sound like overkill. i am interested to know however how exactly he hypothetically would be able to get a coaching spot with the bankruptcy. possibly wouldnt see a cent of it. is that something a club would do or be able to work around ?

Reply #351633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal finished his career with back to back wooden spoons at two different NBL teams (one as coach).

Reply #351638 | Report this post

Deios58  
Years ago

Done deal apparently. Looks like Eade was right for once.

Reply #351660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldnt mind seeing Heal given the gig for the rest of the season, should be better than he was with the Dragons as he is not trying to be the star PG at the same time.

Has some experience with the Boomers and his playing experience all over the world would have to help.

Will be interested to see how he goes, if nothing else he will help market the team for the rest of the season then make way for someone else next year.

Reply #351668 | Report this post

Richard Head  
Years ago

There's lots of information about Heal's business career at
http://www.baskinrobbinsaustralia.blogspot.com/

The thing about bankruptcy is that it forces to the surface the morality of the person/company. You can see clearly what they think about their employees and business partners.

And as for threats of lawsuit for defamation, Heal would have to get the bankruptcy court to agree to a suit against someone on this (or other) internet forums. It would cost his creditors tens of thousands. It's not going to happen - especially when it's true.

Reply #352616 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:01 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754