Vart
Years ago

Kilsyth's Grant Wallace to coach new Melbourne team?

I'm hearing rumours that Grant Wallace (current Kilsyth SEABL Men's Head Coach) is the firm favourite to be the head coach of Melbourne's new NBL team.

Does anyone know any more about this?

Topic #27637 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Boti wrote something about that, a new face to NBL who is well known in that part of Melbourne.

FWIW, I think the new team should go for a roster along these lines:

Daniel Kickert (Nuna)
John Williamson
David Barlow (Sandy)
Aaron Bruce (Horsham)
import (Corey Williams?)

Wade Helliwell (Frankston)
Lucas Walker (Dandenong/??)
Owen Odigie (McKinnon/Dandenong)
Darryl Corletto (Melbourne)
Probert/S Bruce/Tomlinson/L Cooper

All Vics except the imports and a very versatile line-up too. Starters expensive but the bench mostly cheap.

Reply #352001 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sorry, Walker is a Taswegian isnt he? Ill make him an honourary Vic after a few years here!

Reply #352003 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Hope so - great guy & leader!

What about Ben Harvey from Bendigo? He's got a 90% winning record as a coach!!

Reply #352007 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

Baby steps, first the team, then the players. From what I hear, anything that Wayne Carrol touches usually don't work out too well...

Reply #352008 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Nice line up Paul, but i think that team would go over the points cap

Reply #352014 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I think they should go and get as many local NE Melb players as possible that will fit in the cap and really connect with the community in those areas.

Players like: Dave Anderson (not likely), Cooper, Corletto, Greer, Auryn McMillan, Odgie, Khazzouh.

Then go and get your studs! If you build around out of town players & imports it won't work...signing the locals is key as they are your best and cheapest marketing tool if you are based in a suburban community!

Reply #352016 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont think it would Nat, that bench would only be worth circa 20-22 points, and the starters 46-48. Dont know until they do the ratings though I suppose.

Reply #352021 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I think as a former youth player of the year in SEABL and a captain of Knox you can't go past Sean Carroll as one of the guards. He continually has led Knox to the finals as captain and one of the best young talents in Victoria.

Reply #352022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cj & strong?....just a thought,not really up on talent available.Has announcement on team official yet?

Reply #352023 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sounds good, as I dont have a player from Knox in my line-up, and there is a back-up guard spot open. I thought he was older than 25, still got plenty of good ball in front of him.

Reply #352024 | Report this post

Ganymeade  
Years ago

Maynard another local who is a chance to make that team. Wouldn't be surprised if he's better than Carroll now.

Reply #352032 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

What about Shane McDonald? Did the tigers sign him? Did he play?

Reply #352038 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Shane McDonald was signed and did play, briefly. Not sure if he's still under contract though..

Reply #352043 | Report this post

dude  
Years ago

I think Shane McDonald is happy being a teacher and playing SEABL. He just signed a short contract with the Tigers before school went back again.

I am not sure Grant Wallace is the favorite. Could be anyone from Matt shanahan to graham longstaff.

Reply #352054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL rules wont apply to the new melb team with the sengstock - carroll association

Reply #352055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #352055

re: Kilsyth's Grant Wallace to coach new Melbourne team?

LOL rules wont apply to the new melb team with the sengstock - carroll association

A truer word never said....by the way what is the name of that old boys club?......pretty small membership

Reply #352056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big V HC that close to that area has told a couple of juniors that he got the job.

Reply #352057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you're talking about the coach from Waverley? he probably got it in his dreams. politically it don't make sense not to mention he has no experience at that level so why would the clubs go out to somebody than using their own coaches.

Reply #352067 | Report this post

anonanonanon  
Years ago

Reply #352077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEAN CARROLL - HAHAHAHAHA!!

Reply #352109 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Anythings possible ????????????

Reply #352117 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Dean Vickermann will be the new Melb NBL team Head Coach! It's a done deal I'm told! Wallace to be first assistant.

Reply #352292 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Another Giants person really? Let's hope this group do a better job than when they managed their last NBL team.

Reply #352339 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Do you not think a little respect is warranted here, after all you are talking about a dual olympian ????

Reply #352361 | Report this post

julie  
Years ago

Reply #352392 | Report this post

astor  
Years ago

Whats going on. Why is everyone talking about Wayne Carroll? I had heard that some one else out that way had applied for the licence, and it was a done deal. Change of owner ??? So does it now become a knox team?
Knox Giants?

Reply #352400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vickerman is the word.
Wally couldnt coach himself out of a wet paper bag.
Note all the success he had at the Spectres and the Cobras.

Reply #352478 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

All accounts are the team has gone from a true Eastern suburbs team to a team all about Knox.

Reply #352479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

alot of water to go under the bridge befor there is even a decision on who owns the new liscence befor talking about players and coaches, the only sure thing will be CJ getting an opportunity at this level as well as Lester with Australian citizenship.

Reply #352664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So a Kilsyth coach is going to coach cj and strong?

Reply #352672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grant Wallace will not be the new coach, he was a Kilsyth representative in the original bid and is reluctant to back the new KNOX bid let alone coach it

Reply #352674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vickerman.

Reply #352680 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:45 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754