Willis
Years ago

Melbourne Tigers imports

Should the Tigers keep either of their two imports for next season? Myron Allen looks tough at the point, as he can penetrate, pass and shoot, but Dorsey looks up and down with his match play. Do they need a big?(import such as a Roland Roberts type).

Topic #27659 | Report this topic

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Allen might be worth keeping and like Chris Warren he just needs more experience but not sure if I'd take a punt on Dorsey.

Guess it depends on how the Tigers owners plus Gleeson and his staff see things at seasons end.

Reply #352215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Allen is 32

Reply #352219 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Allen's body language is terrible though - does he want to return next season though, especially given all the turmoil the Tigers have experienced?

Reply #352232 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They should probably replace both.

I think Dorsey could be valuable to another team at the right price. e.g., if Adelaide could choose between Daly/mid-budget-import and Dellavedova/cheaper-Dorsey, I would chance the latter and leave Melbourne to pay most of his salary.

He could also be useful to the Hawks if Campbell retired. They are usually forced to gamble on unknowns otherwise due to budgets.

Reply #352235 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Dorsey is under contract next year, but the whole team will be treated as free agents.

Expect the team to be pretty much blown up at the end of the season.

As far as i know, Allen is just a "rental". So I don't expect him back. Dorsey would be suited if there is already a strong team created where he can come in and just be a role player. Not a 1st 2nd or 3rd option. But will that happen? Not sure. He might go to a team that can't afford a A grade import or he might play in the NZ NBL

Reply #352275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If as likely the Tigers axe Dorsey and he decides to continue his career in the NBL the Tigers would be paying the balance of his contract next season so he might turn up at a 36ers (ala Helliwell) or Hawks (ala Ubaka).

Reply #352280 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

"Melbourne Tigers - Funding the NBL since 2002" or whenever Seamus took over

Reply #352287 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Bring back Ebi Ere Down Under please.

Reply #352288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball is not always just stats but Myron Allen is averaging close to 12ppg, 7apg and 7 rpg.

Excellent numbers given no pre-season and came in very difficult circumstances following the Ubaka sacking.

The few games I have seen, he would have had Steve Nash like assists if any of his team mates could hit an open shot.

Can get in the lane, hit the open shot and exciting.

I'd re-sign him in a second!

Reply #352289 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I think Allen could work well under Gordie McLeod

Reply #352304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL teams can't afford imports the likes of Ebi Ere anymore. It's why we have to make do with kids straight out of college and/or role playing imports.

Reply #352305 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

We've always had kids out of college and role playing imports. In fact, Ebi Ere was a kid straight out college!

As was Doug Overton, Chris Williams, Kevin Lisch and Ty McKee. Not to mention Leroy Loggins, Butch Hays, Derek Rucker, Adam Ballinger, James Crawford etc etc.

Current NBL teams are lucky, the amount they are spending in US dollars is about twice what it was 10 years ago, that's why there is a quality import field this year.

Reply #352308 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Allen should not be back.

Doesn't look like he cares, doesn't play like he cares, seems to look after his numbers and when the game looks done he gives up cheap fouls or reaches for his back and checks out of the game.

I don't want him back, better imports out there.

Playing with passion is the minimum requirment.

Reply #352312 | Report this post

Calllsto 29  
Years ago

Tragradh and Dillon are pretty much the only guys who are safe at the moment for next years Tigers
And maybe Walker and Greer

Reply #352316 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Ouch, I missed that Allen is 32 LOL.

Reply #352320 | Report this post

Holy S  
Years ago

I would re-sign Allen, he is a great point guard which is rare for the NBL. He can also shoot the ball and create well for others. Daniel Dillon is very one dimensional being that he is a guard who cannot dribble very well (CUT), Replace Dorsey with a big, I think Burston needs to harden up also.

Reply #352341 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:51 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754