Anonymous
Years ago

20's nationals

What has been the fallout if any from tony's outrage towards the refs at the 20's last week, it seems to have gone all quiet

Topic #27688 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He wants to do it again next year, will get the gig cos no one else will apply

Reply #352613 | Report this post

Gordon Bombay  
Years ago

End of game footage on YouTube only tells half the story!!

He apparently went totally crazy. There must be some disciplinary action or is it swept away????

Reply #352632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone post the link for the end of game footage??

Reply #352638 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Here is a link to the whole game. I haven't watched the footage to see what happens.

Whole game

Reply #352640 | Report this post

titan87  
Years ago

KingJames, part of it allegedly happened after the game (away from the court) and is not caught on the footage.

Reply #352649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone that was there knows what happened and I have heard same story from four different people

Reply #352650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disgraceful behavior

Reply #352666 | Report this post

Vesta  
Years ago

Absolutely,

for an offical to approach and attack an obviously fired up coach is rediculously stupid.

Just inflamed the sitauation that was calming down.

Reply #352669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what action did neil take?

Reply #352670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vesta = tony??

Reply #352671 | Report this post

J Smith  
Years ago

I would charge the coach with

1) Bringing Basketball into disrepute
2)Threatening an official
3) Makeing an official in fear of harm
4)Abusive language

If this was a local competition he would be looking at 5 -10 year suspension in Vic from all Basetball stadiums.I want to know if and when he has to face a judiciary and is Basketball SA going to go on the front foot and instigate proceedings.There is not a person who was there that would support him and I cant believe that anyone would try and justify it.Call it passion or pressure...it still remains disgraceful and unacceptable

Reply #352673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depends on which witness you are talking to as he was still gesturing and yelling at refs as he was approaching change rooms as they were standing in front of their change room. The BA official was not in the wrong as he did not block Tony's path but Tony then had a spray at the BA official. If it wasnt for two players physically pulling him into the changeroom I think it would have got uglier from all accounts. Most I have spoken with were embarassed that they were from SA by the way he behaved.

Reply #352676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I must admit when in Melbourne I look at the disciplinary actions taken and large penalties which are often posted on noticeboards. Some of those include threatening officials.

Either we are squeaky clean here in SA or we don't publish actual tribunal actions or we sweep these actions under the carpet.

Whatever the answer is let's hope that BA manage this matter and ensure proper, just and consistent punishment occurs

Reply #352677 | Report this post

obiwan  
Years ago

Who would be reesponsible for ensuring this is seen through? Is it BA, or is it handed on to BSA to deal with? As BSA's competitions manager also happens to be a close friend of the coach in question, is this a conflict of interest?

Reply #352679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He posted on Facebook he can't wait for next year!! Can't see it happening but who else will apply or should apply to do it?

Reply #352690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why not start looking at assistant ABA coaches who are performing well in U23's

Reply #352704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got any names??

Reply #352707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #352721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darren Golley should get the gig next year if he wants it.

Reply #352725 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

story from a ref not painting TC in a good light or could it be good night

Reply #353494 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754